Thoughts on SR

iRacing
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Re: Thoughts on SR

Post by Fandango »

3.0 as far as I know mate. And you only need to progress in SR not what content you pay for to go up a class.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Progression is always the same, so SR>3.0 and 4 races or 4 times trials at your current level or higher is what you need for every license from D up.

You can skip the Mazda's, or you could skip the Skippy and the Radical and still get to the A license.

Getting to the C license and geting your SR above 4.0 with the Skippy will let you race up in the Radical when it's series starts, which will get you up to the B license. Keep your SR over 3 with the Radical and you'll get the A license.

Solstice->Skippy->Radical->A license.
or
Solstice->Mazda->Whatever the A series is->A license

The thing to people should keep in mind before buying the Radical is whether they will get up to the B and A licenses based on SR. I've seen a few people lately realising that they won't make it with their current stats. So don't go forking out for the Radical expecting to race it unless you have the stats to do so, which means > 4.0 at the D license level and not stuggling too much to keep it there.

You never know, in 2/5 months time when you get to the C license there may be another series added in a car you'll want to drive more than the Mazda's :)
GlenNovello

Post by GlenNovello »

Thanks for clarifying that Darren, its good to know that I won't be forced into buying content that I can't imagine that I will enjoy just to progress. The SR issue doesn't bother me as im finding it goes up and down but I don't really focus on it too much unless I have a really bad string of races.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

i dont know .. with the, iRacing Solstice Challenge - 2008 Season 3 i am in the top20 in the stats

tho after my realllllllyyy dismal start with getting punted like a ball to the walls first races my SR on road is back up to 1.59, for a short time there is was 1.10

and my lap times have droped alot was 1:53's at Laguna Seca, now 1:50's
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.