Cricket World Cup

Post by nutty »

Australia plays South Africa tonight, and its not on tv.. wtf channel 9
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by r8response »

nutty wrote:Australia plays South Africa tonight, and its not on tv.. wtf channel 9
if you don't have pay tv like myself, ur shit out of luck :(
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Channel 9 are the lience holder, So I just expected that the big games would be played (you know, like 1 vs 2...)

If I had of known, I would have invested in foxtel just for the cup..
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Yeah, i got it before the ICC Champions Trophy, if your a cricket fan you'll love having it. International games on, always good to watch. Throw in the Premier League coverage as well. That's just for sport. Bound to be heaps of programs that take your fancy on the other channels as well...
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

It is interesting that no one has thought to mention the cricket world cup until now. Any reason why not ? I would have thought a murder and some big names bowing out would have raised some comment.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Was thinking the same thing, before I made the thread.

I seriously think the lack of free to air has affected the "publicity" of the cup, especially around my neck of the woods, where I don’t know anyone with foxtel.. and we are all big cricket nuts.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

fourthof5 wrote:It is interesting that no one has thought to mention the cricket world cup until now. Any reason why not ? I would have thought a murder and some big names bowing out would have raised some comment.
because everyone has been celebrating Carlton's NAB cup win. :D
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Indeed :D

of course that also means we will play shit for the rest of the year.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

fourthof5 wrote:Indeed :D

We???

you part fucking greek too?
--------------
Stu
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

if anyone wants a free stream of the game it's available here
http://www.bangladeshrocks.com/cricket.php
username is bangladeshrocks
pass is bangladesh.

Quality isn't that great but it's good enough.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

keeps crashing.. cant beleve im missing this..

FUCK YOU CHANNEL 9 FUCK YOU
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I have been watching it on my 3 phone :D It's not uber great, but I can basically see what's going on..
fp

Post by fp »

nutty wrote:Australia plays South Africa tonight, and its not on tv.. wtf channel 9
It was broadcast on TV live, like each and every other game of the Cricket World Cup.. :yes:

It was Australia's 3rd game of the Cup so far... it took you two weeks to notice that they weren't being broadcast on free-to-air?
fourthof5 wrote:It is interesting that no one has thought to mention the cricket world cup until now. Any reason why not ?
We've been talking about it at the slab since before the warm-up matches.
I guess we kinda assumed that we were the only 3 guys here interested in it :P
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bauer wrote:

We???

Err, not many greeks follow Carlton.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Bauer wrote:

We???

it's the italians that follow carlton, and i have seen Nige on the side of the road puling weeds for tea :p
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

fp wrote:
It was broadcast on TV live, like each and every other game of the Cricket World Cup.. :yes:

It was Australia's 3rd game of the Cup so far... it took you two weeks to notice that they weren't being broadcast on free-to-air?
fourthof5 wrote:It is interesting that no one has thought to mention the cricket world cup until now. Any reason why not ?
We've been talking about it at the slab since before the warm-up matches.
I guess we kinda assumed that we were the only 3 guys here interested in it :P
Yup... I was wondering when everyone else would catch on... I thought fp's HUGE Netherlands avatar woulda struck up some conversation as well... but anyway...

Super Eights start Wednesday Night I think.

In the 8 are Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies, England, New Zealand and Ireland :nod: :yes:
fp

Post by fp »

So, who's India's first Super 8 opponenet then?
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

West Indies
pab

Post by pab »

matticooper wrote: In the 8 are Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies, England, New Zealand and Ireland :nod: :yes:
:shake:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/ ... 87189.html
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
pab

Post by pab »

fp wrote:So, who's India's first Super 8 opponenet then?
The crowds at the departure gate at the airport?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
fp

Post by fp »

Zing! Winnar! :D

There's potentially one billion pissed off cricket fans in the subcontinent at the moment. I sincerely hope that India aren't as upset as Pakistan about early elimination. :melt:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep. Greg Chappel should hire some very good security for the next few weeks...

I was sure that for weeks the schedule on cricinfo said A1 would play D2 yet we (A1) are playing the Windies (D1). What's up with that?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
fp

Post by fp »

The Windies are D2.

The seeding (A1, A2) for the Super 8s is not dependant of the results of the group stage.
They did a great job of making it confusing, but I'll try and explain the best I can...

The seeds for the Super 8 are based on the seeding postions on which the original draw was made.
Meaning that A1 = Australia, A2 = South Africa.
That's how it would have been, even if South Africa had finished the group stage on top of Australia.

In group D, assuming that the top two seeds had gone through, it would have been...
D1 = Pakistan, D2 = West Indies.
Because Ireland qualified from that group instead of Pakistan, they take the role of D1 in the draw, while the Windies fill the draw of D2, even though they topped their group.
It doesn't change the quality of the opposition they play or anything like that, as every team eventually plays one another in the Super 8s anyway.

Group D is the only group where this confusion has occured, as the top seed in the other three groups also finished on top of their group.

I assume that it was done in this manner to give teams more time to organise travel and accomodation, without having to wait and see exactly where they ended up in their group before organising logistics.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

pab wrote:
matticooper wrote: In the 8 are Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies, England, New Zealand and Ireland :nod: :yes:
:shake:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/ ... 87189.html

Well there ya go... Bangladesh are cheering about the Duckworth/Lewis format now I reckon! Serves me right for not checking the scores before hand...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

fp wrote:The Windies are D2.

The seeding (A1, A2) for the Super 8s is not dependant of the results of the group stage.
They did a great job of making it confusing, but I'll try and explain the best I can...

The seeds for the Super 8 are based on the seeding postions on which the original draw was made.
Meaning that A1 = Australia, A2 = South Africa.
That's how it would have been, even if South Africa had finished the group stage on top of Australia.

In group D, assuming that the top two seeds had gone through, it would have been...
D1 = Pakistan, D2 = West Indies.
Because Ireland qualified from that group instead of Pakistan, they take the role of D1 in the draw, while the Windies fill the draw of D2, even though they topped their group.
It doesn't change the quality of the opposition they play or anything like that, as every team eventually plays one another in the Super 8s anyway.

Group D is the only group where this confusion has occured, as the top seed in the other three groups also finished on top of their group.

I assume that it was done in this manner to give teams more time to organise travel and accomodation, without having to wait and see exactly where they ended up in their group before organising logistics.
Ah cool, thanks for clearing it up. Not a typical setup for organising things but like you say, it has it's merits for the teams.

Should be an entertaining run of games in anycase. Funny to see the Super 8s stage run for as long as the group stage.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"