Was Missing thread? Now eBike.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Was Missing thread? Now eBike.

Post by smithcorp »

I was posting to an interesting thread about e-bikes, but it's gone now. Has it moved?
Bauer

Re: Missing thread?

Post by Bauer »

yep, gone. Dont know where though but I clicked on the link from the email. No longer exists.

Do agree though. Interesting reading. Love that stuff.
--------------
Stu
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

As above..

There is always the topic The Electric Bike by Virtual-R, which is in the Car index.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14619&p=314897" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Nah, I also read the thread in question on Thursday or Friday - it definitely isn't the one you guys have linked.
It's been nice, chaps.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Woodsy cracked the shits after a couple of comments in another thread and deleted the thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

you cracked the shits at cj when he said he'd run over a cyclist if he was in the way, now you joke about a guy on a motorised bike driving into oncoming traffic and get applauded for it. But comments with rape in them get deleted.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:you cracked the shits at cj when he said he'd run over a cyclist if he was in the way, now you joke about a guy on a motorised bike driving into oncoming traffic and get applauded for it. But comments with rape in them get deleted.
Have another look. Just to save you the time..
Fuck him, he was a fat fuck smoking and flicked his butt into the bush. I hope he spears off into oncoming traffic.
I was annoyed that he was flicking his butt into bushland. As if filthy smokers dropping butts isnt bad enough, flicking it into bushland FFS.

And yes, rape comments get deleted. 2 people complained. If you want to complain about my post, go ahead.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

So wait...a thread got hidden because there were offensive posts in it? Isn't there a facility to delete posts, only? Give ppl temp ban? That thread was about interesting electric bikes, wasn't it?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:So wait...a thread got hidden because there were offensive posts in it? Isn't there a facility to delete posts, only? Give ppl temp ban? That thread was about interesting electric bikes, wasn't it?
Jason was reluctant to post about his E-bike because he thought people would take the piss.

Everyone was quite happy to talk about it in that thread, but it got a bit derailed in the other thread and he took offense and deleted the E-bike thread.

And i am the Evil Dictator! :D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

ysu wrote:So wait...a thread got hidden because there were offensive posts in it? Isn't there a facility to delete posts, only? Give ppl temp ban? That thread was about interesting electric bikes, wasn't it?
no, i deleted the thread i started about ebikes because i felt they were looked down upon by the serious cyclists, especially after seeing these comments. The other thing is kind of seperate. I posted a pic in woodees charity thread because i thought the guy looked like woodee, but it mentioned rape. There were complaints made and it got removed, which is fair enough if someone has an issue with something they are entitled to complain. My issue was that Norbs can make comments about cyclists spearing into oncoming traffic and that is fine.

Probably an over reaction on my part, but i really don't give a fuck anymore. I've got much bigger things going on in my life at the moment to worry about shit like this.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Oh man, sorry to hear that. You probably did over-react a bit, but we'll live. I found that e-bike thread really interesting and I actually thank you for posting it; I may even buy one of those at some point if I get really worked up about it (and maybe when I'll have somewhere to go ffs...I'm just sitting in front of the computer all day every day)
And whatever 'serious' bicycle riders think, don't you give a rat's ass about it. It's a fantastic thing, and you're doing way more about your health than I do at the moment. That should be something :)
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

w00dsy - a shame you deleted that thread. I thought it was great and got me thinking about getting my pushy back out and taking my eldest kid for rides again. I didn't give a shit whether it was a e-bike or not, I commend you on getting off your ARSE and biking.

Oh, and you should never be too worried about what other people think w00dsy. Just push that red "X" in the top right corner and find something else to do. There's always something else to do.
richo

Post by richo »

I thought it was great read seeing as i,m keen on a petrol bike, yes the hated gas bikes :aussie:

As i,m a firm believer in if it doesn't burn fuel it isn't sport!
[]D [] []v[] []D
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

matticooper wrote: I didn't give a shit whether it was a e-bike or not, I commend you on getting off your ARSE and biking.
+1 :nod:
norbs

Post by norbs »

richo wrote:I thought it was great read seeing as i,m keen on a petrol bike, yes the hated gas bikes :aussie:

It should be the opposite. If you are just sitting and steering, where is the sport in that? :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:
richo wrote:I thought it was great read seeing as i,m keen on a petrol bike, yes the hated gas bikes :aussie:

It should be the opposite. If you are just sitting and steering, where is the sport in that? :D
BS! a driver is many times fitter than myself :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote: BS! a driver is many times fitter than myself :)
That isn't hard. A bus driver is probably fitter than you judging by what you have said about sitting at a computer all day. :)

Could make for an interesting thread though. I was reading about weight gain and fitness the other day and they talked about a chess grand master, or some one at the top of the game, who was super super fit. He said he only excels when he is at his fittest. Body fat on under 8%. Will try and dig the article up.

Is chess a sport? :D
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

richo wrote:As i,m a firm believer in if it doesn't burn fuel it isn't sport!
Carbohydrates are my fuel :lol:
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Cycling. Serious business, as it turns out.
It's been nice, chaps.
richo

Post by richo »

CLP wrote:
richo wrote:As i,m a firm believer in if it doesn't burn fuel it isn't sport!
Carbohydrates are my fuel :lol:
Coke is mine :prod:

When my wife lets me drink it :(
[]D [] []v[] []D
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

norbs wrote:
ysu wrote:Is chess a sport? :D
Roy Slaven says to be a sport, you have to run as part of it!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

w00dsy wrote:no, i deleted the thread i started about ebikes because i felt they were looked down upon by the serious cyclists.
Not by everyone (though I can't rate myself a serious cyclist any more) - I think they are a great development and of keen interest to me; and in line with others, I commend you for riding to work on one. Professionally, I want to know about your experiences with it (good and bad) because e-bikes will make cycling an increasingly important mode.
petey

Post by petey »

smithcorp wrote:
norbs wrote:
Computer LAN competition with musical chairs then ?
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
norbs

Post by norbs »

smithcorp wrote:
norbs wrote:
Dear god!