Sydney cyclARSEts

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Sydney cyclARSEts

Post by norbs »

I have media accreditation for the Clarence St Cyclery Cup at Dunc Grey on Saturday night. Anyone keen to have a look? $15 entry fee. Mark Renshaw is racing.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Crowella

Re: Sydney cyclARSEts

Post by Crowella »

I have to pop in to the western suburbs tomorrow so I could possibly attend. What time will it be on?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Crowella wrote:I have to pop in to the western suburbs tomorrow so I could possibly attend. What time will it be on?
The main racing starts at 6PM. Juniors and qualifying before that. I will be there about 4PM.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Ill see what I can do. I was anticipating it being a little bit later.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

That's cool norbs, I haven't been there for years. Pity Bibi and i are taking my sister out for dinner for her birthday that night, otherwise...
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Ill be there. Got what I needed to do sorted quicker than i thought
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Well I was there for about 2 hours and I must say, I really enjoyed it. :yes: Was great to see a lot of people on and off the track and I got to see Renshaw in the Keirin heat.

Also, ran into Norbs (total fluke) and saw him being a happy snapper around the velodrome. Sorry I didn't stay longer for a chat after the events, I left around 6:45 for a dinner arrangement which I now have to duck off to.

I've set my target for next year at 6,000km just so I feel slightly better about myself. Being there made me feel unfit :rofl:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Crowella wrote:Well I was there for about 2 hours and I must say, I really enjoyed it. :yes: Was great to see a lot of people on and off the track and I got to see Renshaw in the Keirin heat.

Also, ran into Norbs (total fluke) and saw him being a happy snapper around the velodrome. Sorry I didn't stay longer for a chat after the events, I left around 6:45 for a dinner arrangement which I now have to duck off to.

I've set my target for next year at 6,000km just so I feel slightly better about myself. Being there made me feel unfit :rofl:

Terrific to meet you Adam. I'm sorry it was such a quick hello and goodbye. I spent a lot of time on the infield and didn't see a few people that were there.

Had a great night. Pretty long day actually. Took nearly 900 photos.

When I was driving to the velodrome, there was a guy riding along the Hume Highway in full HTC gear. I saw him and took his photo.

IMG_4236 by norbography, on Flickr

:)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

it's Prince Harry
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thats him. :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Already pimped in the Photography sub forum, but for those that dont look in there, some B&Ws from the weekend at the velodrome.

a quickr pickr post
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Awesome Norbs, #2 and #5 are my faves.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

#1 is my pick of the bunch. Looks almost staged..
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Already pimped in the Photography sub forum, but for those that dont look in there, some B&Ws from the weekend at the velodrome.

damn those are good.

i've tried shooting at the superdrome here in Adl... damn hard work. crappy lighting, fast motion ..
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thanks gents. More here.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbograph ... 297415999/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carlos. It is pretty hard. I shot over 900 shots and only had 450 usable. The rest were blurry due to me being out of practise panning.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Thanks gents. More here.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbograph ... 297415999/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carlos. It is pretty hard. I shot over 900 shots and only had 450 usable. The rest were blurry due to me being out of practise panning.
50% hit rate isn't bad.. i think i get maybe 30% if i'm lucky!

exif on one of your shots said you were using ISO 400 .. i'm lucky to be able to use ISO 1600 :fall:

hopefully not hijacking your thread.. few sets of mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19315964@N ... 676221388/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19315964@N ... 302667491/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19315964@N ... 302774169/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nothing wrong with them. Remember, I was on the inside of the track and I reckon the Olympic velodrome is pretty good light wise.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Nothing wrong with them. Remember, I was on the inside of the track and I reckon the Olympic velodrome is pretty good light wise.
think there's a few good ones that i have.. but my miss rate is way up there. i do get access to the infield since it's a club event. but, being a club event they only have 1/2 the lights on so the lighting is shite :(

all that being said, your shots have some insanely dramatic lighting which really make your shots stand out :eyepop: looks like i need to practice some more :nod: