Safety Rating Question

iRacing
scottmac

Safety Rating Question

Post by scottmac »

HI, I am new to IRacing and had a question regarding the SR.

I just run 2 races in the Solstice rookie at Lime Rock. In both races I had 0 incidents. In one race I got +60 and in the next race +13.

I have generally found that I am getting around +10 for a race without incidents but I dont know why I received +60 for the race when it was the same result.

Cheers
Scott
Santaria

Re: Safety Rating Question

Post by Santaria »

If I'm not mistaken, it'll be because of the SOF (Strength of field).

Basically, the higher the SOF, the more points you'll get and vice versa :) Check your stats for those races, the strength of field will be different for sure.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Dont get iRating and SR mixed up. SR has nothing to do with strength of field.
I would bet what whappened was that you crossed over from say 2.xx to over 3, or from 3.xx to 4. You get a 0.5 bonus when that happens so you have a bit of a cushion between dropping back down again and being unable to race up, either into the Advanced Rookie races if you are above 3, or D license races if you are above 4.
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Just checked your stats and yes thats exactly what happened, you got the 0.5 bonus for going above 3.
XLV SPORT
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

Thanks Jiminee, I didn't realise you got bonus points when you are close to 3.00.

So the same thing will happen when I am reaching 4.00?
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Yep, sure will
XLV SPORT
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

Ok, I will have to make sure i have good races when approaching SR 3 and 4.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

scottmac wrote:Ok, I will have to make sure i have good races when approaching SR 3 and 4.
Welcome Scottmac, what part of the Central Coast?? I grew up around Pt Clare, West Gosford, then later Terrigal....

Now i'm bashing the bush.
balls & boobs. . .
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

Quincy wrote:
scottmac wrote:Ok, I will have to make sure i have good races when approaching SR 3 and 4.
Welcome Scottmac, what part of the Central Coast?? I grew up around Pt Clare, West Gosford, then later Terrigal....

Hi Quincy, I was from Bateau Bay years ago but now live around the Warnervale area.

What made you go bush?
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

I have another question.

When my licence gets promoted if I have a rookie rating of 4.5. What will my new D licence rating start off at?

Cheers
Scott
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Hello Scott, nice to see you around! :)
scottmac wrote:When my licence gets promoted if I have a rookie rating of 4.5. What will my new D licence rating start off at?
Every promotion will (apparently) lower the SR by 1.00 so it'll be 3.5.

However, if you manage to go over 4.99 you won't see how much over you really are, so you might be at 6.58 for all we know and when you're promoted you can still be over 4.99 on the new licence.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

Thanks ysu. It would be a good idea to keep building it up now then. There would be less pressure when I am on the new license as there would be more of a buffer, and it would be easier to maintain the SR for the next promotion

Hopefully I can catch up to you as quick as possible and be racing you soon. The Riley looks nice
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

scottmac wrote:Thanks ysu. It would be a good idea to keep building it up now then. There would be less pressure when I am on the new license as there would be more of a buffer, and it would be easier to maintain the SR for the next promotion

Hopefully I can catch up to you as quick as possible and be racing you soon. The Riley looks nice
It is the best of the field IMHO. :)

Yeah, don't worry too much about positions at all. Just concentrate on building a lot of SR up.
Serves two purposes;
- you get used to drive very clean
- you can take it easy later on

best of luck mate
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

scottmac wrote:
Quincy wrote:

Hi Quincy, I was from Bateau Bay years ago but now live around the Warnervale area.

What made you go bush?
I managed the B/Bay Maccas for a few years, late 90's. . . Sick of our work made us go bush...Best thing we've EVER done!
balls & boobs. . .