iRacing Announces 2009 World Cup as Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Join

iRacing
Tim Wheatley
Face like a pie
Face like a pie

iRacing Announces 2009 World Cup as Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Join

Post by Tim Wheatley »

iRacing Announces 2009 World Cup as Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Joins Competition Committee: Annual Club Championship Features Global Tournament for Internet Racing

BEDFORD, MA (January 19, 2009) - The World Cup of iRacing™, a global, team-style, annual internet-racing competition, was announced today by John Henry, chairman of iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC. Henry also announced that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has joined iRacing's Competition Committee, the group charged with overseeing the new tournament and other internet racing activities.

"The World Cup of iRacing represents a new aspect of the sport of internet racing," Henry said. "In addition to all of the individual racing opportunities that iRacers enjoy, the World Cup of iRacing gives each of our members around the world the chance to compete as part of a geographically-based club, working throughout the year with their teammates toward a common goal, one that would be out of reach for the vast majority of people racing on their own - a true world championship."
Read more: http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/article.php?id=91
Bauer

Re: iRacing Announces 2009 World Cup as Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Join

Post by Bauer »

cheers Tim

Does anyone know if "Australia" is simply Australia or do we include NZ and PNG etc? In the lead up weeks we were Australia/NZ, then we were Australasia. In the final PDF we are back to Australia

Whatever that means, go Aussie :aussie:
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

It's certainly going to help having Luke and Darren in our team but we are up against California in our region and they'll close on road courses and way out in front on ovals... Should make things interesting anyway. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I have been having another read over a cup of coffee just now (after a quick skim earlier) and I must say I like it. My quick skim was kinda like 'whatever' but the more I actually understand it, the more I like it and the more I can see how much thought has gone into iRacing achieving what they want within the restrictions of what they have got to work with.

Highly recommend reading and taking in what is said. That goes for the naysayers as well as those genuinely interested.
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Since the Australasia idea was unpopular, they've decided to give Australia to have it's own club. I don't know where Kiwi members will go yet, but I'd guess they will stay in International.

We're going to need people in the usual club type positions in a couple weeks (club manager, road/oval director etc), so if you're interested in that type of thing, start thinking about it :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've read it, Bauer, but to be honest it does not sound like much to me, rather than a marketing run with a 'big name'.

Still, I welcome the oz club. :)

Any of you guys know by heart what's best for the club? Should we race in one class and make the best out of it, or try to have as much of a presence in multi-classing as possible?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

As far as club points go, the more series you can run well in (i.e. not crashing out because you haven't had time to practice) the better, so long as you do the full (8 weeks) season in each. Whether those series are road or oval doesn't matter, but with the final being the sum of both road and oval we'd need at least a few people who can do well at both :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

well, the tradeoff is (for me at least) if I do one series I can get better at it (one car, praccy for that one only). With multiple...my results will definitely be much weaker.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

True, I don't think I could do more than 2 series effectively myself.

I guess it comes down to what the average of the top 50% of people in your division for the given series is like, though I wouldn't want to see people not doing a series they want to through fear of bringing the average down.

Just found out that New Zealand will be part of the Australia club.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'll be doing just one series. And if I don't like the DP then it'll probably be the Skippies again. I still haven't had a chance to compete in a full season! lol
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

ysu wrote:I've read it, Bauer, but to be honest it does not sound like much to me, rather than a marketing run with a 'big name'.
I meant the pdf not the announcement :rolleyes:

:D
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bauer wrote:
ysu wrote:I've read it, Bauer, but to be honest it does not sound like much to me, rather than a marketing run with a 'big name'.
I meant the pdf not the announcement :rolleyes:

:D
lol ok I'll give it a go tomorrow sometime
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DarrenM wrote: We're going to need people in the usual club type positions in a couple weeks (club manager, road/oval director etc), so if you're interested in that type of thing, start thinking about it :)
So - whats Rob Lee been up to lately? not that I want Club Oz to become an AOR benefit party but I like his passion :tilt:
--------------
Stu
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

So when can we have club based skins? hehe
Tim Wheatley
Face like a pie
Face like a pie

Post by Tim Wheatley »

Hz-Lab wrote:So when can we have club based skins? hehe
You could all use the same paint scheme of your own accord. I would actually love to see a club do that because I think it would lead to almost everyone doing it...
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Green and Gold?

Or Canary Yellow and Green?

:)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby