iRacing
Kindjal

Lotus 79 for iRacing

Post by Kindjal »

Well this is an exciting suprise from iRacing. I for one can't wait!! :eyepop:
thornz

Re: Lotus 79 for iRacing

Post by thornz »

Think I'll have to renew my subs once this comes out.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

thornz, it's unlikely that it'll be anything lower than class B...so you'll have to fight through 3 seasons (rookie & D & C) to be able to race in it. Better start on it :)
Ok in fact if it's B, you can race it with a 4+ SR and a C licence. But it's still quite a bit of time to get there.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

<copy-paste>
Great... another open wheeler... wooooo... bah fuckit, I can't be excited about it. I WANT'S A ROOF DAMMIT!

Patience wearing thing iRacing... sick of open wheelers. Not to mention it's another $25 for the car when it's released..... even though it'll probably be released before the game is what it should be. (Flags, splits, proper clutch etc etc)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
thornz

Post by thornz »

ysu wrote:thornz, it's unlikely that it'll be anything lower than class B...so you'll have to fight through 3 seasons (rookie & D & C) to be able to race in it. Better start on it :)
Ok in fact if it's B, you can race it with a 4+ SR and a C licence. But it's still quite a bit of time to get there.

I already have my d license, and a SR in the high 4s. have also done enough races already to jump up to a c license so not too worried bout that. :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah cool :)
Santa; you have it right, but I think their content-department and the programming department is more or less separate. Having said that, I'm eager to see the reset-bug ironed out, and all those things added as well, indeed. Somehow they have their brakes on by the looks. I've also read on their forums somewhere that the tyre model is still under tweaking. It's just that for 2 months now no significant update came out. And that's much slower than what I expected for this kind of money.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Time to go for a whinge in the official iRacing forums....
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Patience is a virtue....

Good things come to those that wait....

etc, etc, etc....

I'm really excited they have gone down the vintage road. The possibilities are endless for what else they can bring in!

Seriously Santaria, if you aren't enjoying iRacing, maybe it's best you cancel your sub? However, i'm sure cars with roofs are on the drawing board.... So your stuck between a rock and a hard place... :)
balls & boobs. . .
gasking

Post by gasking »

any updates a good update :), nice to see a new car addition even if i cant drive it.

Like others would be nice to have another car with a roof but im sure we will get that soon enough
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well ide prefer the Lotus 79 anyday over a tin top.

Sure we need some more GT & GTR styles cars but hell, a Lotus 79!!!

I cant wait to take that beast out for a thrash :nod:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Exactly, it's a Lotus 79! Wooohooo! I'd prefer it over some generic tin top anyday. Now the historic gates have opened they can bring in a good tin top - Porsche 962 mmmmm.... Any of the 80s sportscars would be fantastic actually.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Ford GT40 and the Ferrari 333 SP, though the Fezza isn't exactly a tin top
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Exar Kun wrote:Now the historic gates have opened they can bring in a good tin top
My thoughts exactly. Itll be awesome with a nice collection of historics and modern cars to race. :)

Happy times :D
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

oooo this should make things fun......powersliding ftw!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I want updates dammit, not added content, lol. I do enjoy iRacing, just annoyed that the upper class cars (apart from oval) are open wheelers.

I've been patient enough ;) Even Age of Conan had more updates than iRacing lol. It's great that they brought out a new car and all, but I feel my money could've been spent on updates instead of scanning a car, know what I mean?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

LOL... It's almost like the opposite of LFS isn't it. Everyone was kicking up a shit storm because all they were doing was adding new features etc and all anyone wanted was more content.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Apart from a new car that will get released "soon", There hasn't been any core updates. Things need fixing people! lol.

I think the amount of tracks and how the racing system is in iRacing means it's going to be a long time till you're bored of a track. That's the way I feel at least. Just want my moneys worth and iRacing without flags, splits, damage model tweaks etc etc is slowly making me think whether my purchases and my sub fee are worth it. I'm not saying it won't ever get there, but some things should have been there WELL before release.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Santaria wrote:Apart from a new car that will get released "soon", There hasn't been any core updates. Things need fixing people! lol.
I heard a rumour that there will be an update at seasons end.
Might just be a rumour though.

I won't say no to a Lotus 79 or a nice Tourer when one comes, but really, I'm pretty happy with the content we already have.
I'll just take one season at a time.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mshagg

Post by mshagg »

Patience is a virtue....
True... but my Visa is also quite virtuous, and its been asking a lot of questions since i signed up to iRacing ("Another $15 for these guys?")

Im pretty chuffed about the JPS car coming to iRacing (i mean this is an important car!), might have to go grab a pack of JPS in its honour. And whilst im not too concerned about flags and resets (minor details in my opinion, compared to the big picture that is iRacing), content before features is obviously going to draw a fairly predictable response from the membership.

i.e. im not too fussed about yellows, but it'd be good to see them implemented as it appears the majority want them... and once they're implemented and people are happy, we can get back to the 'bigger picture' stuff.

Meh, not too concerned with any content/features outside of Skip barber and VIR south at the moment :)
iRacing since 7 August 2008
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

Speed wrote:
Santaria wrote:Apart from a new car that will get released "soon", There hasn't been any core updates. Things need fixing people! lol.
I heard a rumour that there will be an update at seasons end.
Might just be a rumour though.

I won't say no to a Lotus 79 or a nice Tourer when one comes, but really, I'm pretty happy with the content we already have.
I'll just take one season at a time.
it is very true,........me 2,but i can`t wait for some fixing update,reset button is a tragedy,we badly need blue flags,split times...etc etc
but the lotus 79 is a legend
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Late model has a roof :P
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Sounds cool, perhaps we will see a huge variety after all similair to RFactor. I Hope they do it slowly and not be rushed with cars and tracks to quickly. If they do this server numbers will be down as to many options to race. Who wants to race in fields of 3,4,5 Far better to cocentrate on full entries and close competions than flood the market with to many choices to start off with, I think IRacing is going so far at the right pace. :yes:
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I don't think it will have to many choices with the fact that you have to get licenses to drive certain cars, at the beginning you are narrowed down alot, also with the cost of each car not being heaps cheap (nor expensive) it may keep people just buying what they want vs getting everything and struggling what to choose.
Hello :aussie:
Tim Wheatley
Face like a pie
Face like a pie

Post by Tim Wheatley »

Santaria wrote:<copy-paste>
Great... another open wheeler... wooooo... bah fuckit, I can't be excited about it. I WANT'S A ROOF DAMMIT!
Just two of the road racing cars are open wheel and not roofed.
Quincy wrote:I'm really excited they have gone down the vintage road. The possibilities are endless for what else they can bring in!
Yes, there's more to come on the vintage track.
gasking wrote:Like others would be nice to have another car with a roof but im sure we will get that soon enough
Apart from Australia, there really isn't a major roofed series in the world except sportscars (BTCC is slowly dying) - and one sportscar has been announced quite recently. We have announced a touring car and we have announced a sportscar, I'm not sure what's lacking from those except the finished car. Not really too sure how the announcement of one vintage F1 is meaning that you need an additional announcement somewhere else. There has been announced cars that match what you're all asking for...
Righteous wrote:LOL... It's almost like the opposite of LFS isn't it. Everyone was kicking up a shit storm because all they were doing was adding new features etc and all anyone wanted was more content.
We don't have the same people doing those things, development of features is not slowing down content, content isn't slowing down features.
Santaria wrote:I want updates dammit, not added content, lol. I do enjoy iRacing, just annoyed that the upper class cars (apart from oval) are open wheelers.
Except the Radical, XV8R and Riley MkXX, I guess they are. ;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Are they will still going to put that XV8R in the sim, given that the real thing appears to be dead?

I don't know what level the Riley will be, but they need something in the middle for the tin top fans as a step up from the Solstice. Porsche GT3, Viper, or a Saleen S7. Something along those lines. We might have the only major road tin top series that's going strong, but sports cars like the Porsche are raced all over the world.

I'm not big on the idea of scratch built historic tracks. I have no problem with the idea of racing the 79 on modern circuits so I'd rather the effort went on modern tracks that can be used in other series as well. It'd also diminish the laser scanning as a selling point.
Last edited by DarrenM on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.