Setupfield.net (not Inferno)

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I hope this one doesn't fail like the others that have!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I hope it lives, it's a whole lot quicker than inferno ever was for me, inferno while it did the job was always a 30-60 page load time if it finished loading without the server resetting the connection. :yes:
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

It needs to be supported to live. Perhaps some of the better setter-upperers *cough* Sambo *cough* could chuck up a few of your public sets...
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

SHoNKY wrote:I hope it lives, it's a whole lot quicker than inferno ever was for me, inferno while it did the job was always a 30-60 page load time if it finished loading without the server resetting the connection. :yes:
There is that, and the fact that most of the sets on Inferno we're for hot lapping. At least this one caters for all drivers!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Peptis wrote:It needs to be supported to live. Perhaps some of the better setter-upperers *cough* Sambo *cough* could chuck up a few of your public sets...
+1, if ppl really want this to fly then it needs them to start sharing their sets.
So what about it AUS LFS Racers, ho is prepared to get uploading?
Lets show the rest of the world our true Aussie spirit of mate-ship (sharing being one attribute).
I know there may not be a lot of Patch Y specific sets around but old Patch setups can still be uploaded and would provide a good base for current Patch usage. May even upload some of my own, if only I could remember which ones are worth it and how they came to bear (i.e who is the base contributor?).

My only concern with all this is how many crappy, bad or joke sets may end up on it over time but I guess ppl will soon recognise the better setup contributors for their particular driving style quickly enough.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Or, cut out the middle man, and sent all your best sets to me.

Serious note, as a LFSer who loves the game but does not have enough skill, time or knowledge to create a good set, the more sets available adds to my enjoyment. I am in awe of the people who can create fast and reliable sets. This sort of stuff will see more people playing LFS, = a win win.

And a big cheers to the regulars out there who are happy to send me a set when asked. Seriously appreciated. Including some of the absolute best drivers on these sites. And yes, I may be a bit quicker to get out of your way when blue flagged :)
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Gougoodthing wrote:Or, cut out the middle man, and sent all your best sets to me.

Serious note, as a LFSer who loves the game but does not have enough skill, time or knowledge to create a good set, the more sets available adds to my enjoyment. I am in awe of the people who can create fast and reliable sets. This sort of stuff will see more people playing LFS, = a win win.

And a big cheers to the regulars out there who are happy to send me a set when asked. Seriously appreciated. Including some of the absolute best drivers on these sites. And yes, I may be a bit quicker to get out of your way when blue flagged :)
Here Here!!
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Bookmarked :)
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

The problem is Y has scared some people away from lfs, and none of the previous patches sets are particularly compatible with the new physics. So many people dont have many sets to share.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Sambo wrote:The problem is Y has scared some people away from lfs, and none of the previous patches sets are particularly compatible with the new physics. So many people dont have many sets to share.
judging by the amount of new faces racing online each night, there are plenty of newcomers to replace the "scared ones" you speak of.
balls & boobs. . .