Chris Mainwaring (ex-Westcoast Eagles player) dead at 41.

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
EzyRider

Chris Mainwaring (ex-Westcoast Eagles player) dead at 41.

Post by EzyRider »

Taken from Real Footy website.
The AFL community is in shock after the death of former West Coast Eagles footballer Chris Mainwaring in Perth overnight.

Mainwaring, 41, collapsed at his home in the beachside suburb of Cottesloe after midnight and was taken by ambulance to hospital.

West Australian police said police and an ambulance were initially called to a residence in Haining Avenue, Cottesloe after receiving a complaint about a man yelling in the street at 11.25pm last night.

Police said Mainwaring was calm when they arrived and refused help from a St John's Ambulance crew. He was placed in the care of a neighbour, and returned to his home without incident.

However, about an hour later, an ambulance was called again to the same address. This time they found Mainwaring unconscious, he was taken to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

The TV dudes are saying an overdose...

If thats the case, i am certain their is no drug culture at the eagles!

LOL
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

:(
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

unfortunatly it was a matter of time before an eagle or ex-eagle had this happen. There seems to be a real drug culture going on there. Pretty sad for his family. I guess the good life can be hard to give up.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Jeebus, thats just bullshit! Pretty questionable circumstances though...

He does the sport / alot of channel 7 stuff over here, so I'm pretty used to seeing him around :\ Unbelievable.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

w00dsy wrote:unfortunatly it was a matter of time before an eagle or ex-eagle had this happen. There seems to be a real drug culture going on there. Pretty sad for his family. I guess the good life can be hard to give up.
I bet you there is shit that goes on at all clubs, but thanks to ben cousins, its out in the public at the eagles.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

don't want to be too much of a wet blanket, but I think we should wait until a cause of death has been confirmed on this one... sensitivity of public figures is starting to become an issue, and will heighten over the coming years... the speed with which information spreads these days is out of control, and errors are hard to retract, and I am 100% sure somebody will get hit with a legal case very soon.

Apologies guys, but I do feel strongly about this, I have seen some pretty ordinary things happen over the last few years, had some involvement in a particular forum that no longer exists with an incident I was involved with, where far too many rumours were thrown about, not a single one was accurate according to the coroners report that I eventually recieved 8 months later. The worst part is, I have noticed not too many people go back and say "Sorry, we got that wrong Mr and Mrs (insert name of a couple looking for their daughter here...)"

A few weeks back the world had them guilty by media, now a few weeks on it is not a clear cut as it once was, yet many people have already said waaaaaayyyyy tooooooo muuuuch....

lets not forget a pakistan cricket coach, that it appears the media jumped to conclusions... and people maybe incorrectly were forced to quit their jobs...

At this point, sadly a public figure has passed away overnight at much to early an age... there are still numerous possible causes. time to be sad first. However he passed away to me is irrelavant, and I am getting to the point of not wanting to know anymore...

:(
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Nice post bengetta.

I thought it strange the "breaking news" here was that he'd died of an overdose. How could they possibly know for sure it was an overdose 5 minutes after his death was announced.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

NeilPearson wrote:
w00dsy wrote:unfortunatly it was a matter of time before an eagle or ex-eagle had this happen. There seems to be a real drug culture going on there. Pretty sad for his family. I guess the good life can be hard to give up.
I bet you there is shit that goes on at all clubs, but thanks to ben cousins, its out in the public at the eagles.
yes your right but it was more than Cousin's. Michael Gardiner was another who was getting himself in trouble and there was the taped conversations with a few others. Every club has them, Collingwood has it's fair share, look at the Didak incident(s). Some clubs just get into more trouble than others, or aren't as swift in keeping it quiet.

bengatta i understand where your coming from, but it's hard not to conclude it was a drug related when the first reports say it was, and the cops were called to a disturbance earlier in the night. Usually for the sake of his reputation and for the families the official cause gets altered to 'heart failure' or something less obvious. He could have even topped himself, we might not find out. But when people are causing trouble in the late hours it's almost always the result of artificial means. Either way it's sad when people get dragged into a downward spiral.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I dunno there Jason. My first thought on hearing the news was that he was going through or at least slipping into a breakdown. Once the cops had gone he might have just gone home and committed suicide.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

more has come out today, he was on a bender of ecstasy and dope apparently. Cousins went to see him that night, hopefully to make sure he was ok. It sounds as though he has had issues for a while, he has lost his license twice from drink driving and has also been busted with dope before. He may have topped himself, either way it sounds like it was drug related. His marriage had fallen apart and he was given time off from work to help sort his stuff out. Doesn't sound like he had it all together. I feel sorry for people when they head down the path to destruction. The biggest problem for people in that whole football world is it's lots of money, lots of time off, lots of attention. You can see how easily some people would drift off into a life of partying. But at some stage real life has to resume.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

It is a viscious cycle the life of a professional sports person...

The people that build you up are the same ones that tear you down in the future years...
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

if you want to see a bender, here's Geelongs Mathew Scarlett enjoying breakfast with his team mates at a local pub. Apparently he hasn't slept since the win on saturday.

bengatta

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:if you want to see a bender, here's Geelongs Mathew Scarlett enjoying breakfast with his team mates at a local pub. Apparently he hasn't slept since the win on saturday.

and that is my point... the media think that is cute at the moment... you wait until that same footballer in a couple of years sends a text to the wrong phone number asking his girlfriend to come in thru the back door is it unlocked.... :)