iRacing Chat

iRacing
DarrenM

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by DarrenM »

Any of those 3 sessions will get your SR down, so long as you cut the incidents out :)

Incidents count 0.5 in warmups, but they don't show on the race results total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Wow, I'm such a rebel :) I had it as high as 3.6 at one point but have had a few crappy races. I am liking summit point though, so hopefully this week I can get that rating heading in the right direction.

How far away are we from license upgrades?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Righteous wrote:Wow, I'm such a rebel :) I had it as high as 3.6 at one point but have had a few crappy races. I am liking summit point though, so hopefully this week I can get that rating heading in the right direction.

How far away are we from license upgrades?
Two tracks to go including this week's. So end of next week we should jump up to 'D'. And those lucky beta testers get to find out what car 'C' actually is. Hopefully it's the Mazda because I haven't bought the Radical yet hehe and I'm hoping I have my SR up high enough to race up a license pretty much straight away on road courses.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

are you sure about that Exar? for some reason, I thought this was our last week? reason being that, the 12 week series is at its' 12th week, and the 4 week series are also onto the last week...?
balls & boobs. . .
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is week 11 of the full series, week 3 of the rookie series, so 27th will probably be upgrade day. I thought it would be 3rd august before, but I can't count :)

There must be a week break between each 12 week season. I don't know how that's going to work out.
Last edited by DarrenM on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

So, whats the best way for me to go forward?
Just keep doing the rookie races until I hit 3.0 then buy the cars? or just buy the cars and practice with them?
When the full game comes out, do I have to buy the cars again?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Its is the full game nutleh, it just hasn't been publicly launched yet. I have bought all the cars and a lot of the tracks but I am an inpatient bugger, I just wanted to try them :) But to answer your question, no you don't have to buy them again. Once you purchase cars and tracks, that's it, no more cost involved. Well, except for subscription costs.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is the full sim, nutty. You won't have to buy anything again.

Just do the rookie races/qual/time trials so that you get the 3.0 by the end of next week. Only buy the skip barber/late model now if you want to start practicing with them.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Ahhhhh cool, I was abit worried about forking out a tonne of money to find it to be a waste, alright ill keep going at it
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

DarrenM wrote:This is week 11 of the full series, week 3 of the rookie series, so 27th will probably be upgrade day. I thought it would be 3rd august before, but I can't count :)

There must be a week break between each 12 week season. I don't know how that's going to work out.
hmmm, the reason I query this is, when I go to my STATS and CAREER, the LAST 3 SERIES tab shows the rookie sessions as Wk 4 and the Advance series as Wk 12...???

Maybe the pie-man can clarify....
balls & boobs. . .
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Looks like it's a bug on that page because it's definitely week 11. Either that or it's just showing the number of weeks in the series rather than the number of weeks completed :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

ok. is there a more specific time table to look at, for said series? where are you getting your info from?
balls & boobs. . .
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Click Series, then click the + icon at the top left corner of the series to expand it and you'll see the full schedule with dates, or go to the series home page and you can go to a schedule page from there.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The way you drive Geoff I'm surprised your SR is as good as it is!! :lol: :D
Hehe just having a go mate cause every race with you I seem to end up right behind you and you're always all over the place which can be a bit distracting, I try to be as smooth as smooth can be but watching you pull away while fishtailing down the straight doesn't do me much good :)

Hopefully the new series will be up on the site shortly, as soon as they are I'll get my years subscription and buy all the content for the next Skippy and Late Model series. Will save quite a lot that way, I'm tempted to do it right now but just holding off in case there are any track changes.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Hahahha.. I don't know if I'm that bad, I said the same thing to Neil the other day. I suspect there is a bit of lag coming into play with a little bit of it. Having said that, I am a bit of a hoon ;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sarsippius wrote:Hopefully the new series will be up on the site shortly, as soon as they are I'll get my years subscription and buy all the content for the next Skippy and Late Model series. Will save quite a lot that way, I'm tempted to do it right now but just holding off in case there are any track changes.
Thats what im doing as well. :)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Righteous wrote:Hahahha.. I don't know if I'm that bad, I said the same thing to Neil the other day. I suspect there is a bit of lag coming into play with a little bit of it. Having said that, I am a bit of a hoon ;)
I am all over the joint but :D ......looks at road racing licence... :(
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just had my first Skippy race and it was at VIR Grand East to boot. 11 three minute long laps and I was looking good but just ran wide near the end of my final lap to cop one inc point - doh! Bloody fantastic circuit for an awesome fun little car. Dunno if I can go back to the Solstice now.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

OK so my first impressions on iRacing:
Impressed with the graphics and how real the tracks are. The corkscrew is awesome :D
A little weird how the drivers arms aren't showing, but that's probably cos i'm just used to lfs heh :p
Cars respond well to setup tweaks
I also like it how you have to force the car around the corner a bit more, in contrast to lfs when you have to force the car from not spinning :D

Anyway.. What are some good times at the tracks?
PB's so far (haven't driven much):
Limerock full, Solstice rookie - 1.03.72
Limerock full, Solstice normal - 1.03.42
Laguna Seca, Solstice rookie- 1.49.12

Are these respectable lap times? Am I ready to go online yet?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Those times look ok to me. You won't be the fastest but you will be competitive.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

meanwhile, anyone else running in the late models yet? i just hit 4.0 on ovals and jumped in this beast at SoBo. holy crap, fun to the max. Wouldn't mind doing a little praccy session with some people before hitting the race scene with them. Used to lots of room with the legends, this is a whole different ball game

Anyone keen for some praccy?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Raced against Dale Jr in these and he wiped the floor with everyone. Just stayed looooooow the whole time. He was even nice enough to chat to a guy at the end and give him some tips.

SoBo is pretty fun in these things.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

That's somethin I love about iRacing compared to other sims I've played duck. I love throwing cars into corners... it's usually how I drive and iRacing makes it very controllable... wouldn't say entirely predictable but controllable. Gunna have to spend the weekend gettin my oval sr up me thinks.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

i'll be up for some Late Model's tonight.... either race or practice. 8pm, 10pm.
balls & boobs. . .
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Had a good couple of clean races last night. Very few incident points, in fact none for one race (insert shocked smiley here). Came second both times though to a much more consistent Sars... Really digging iRacing at the moment.