Race Sim Tech & Tips

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:
NeilPearson wrote:iflag? really?
A better name would have been My Flag. Why do companies feel the need to put 'i' on the front of their products as if it will strengthen its market presence...
I know this isn't what you meant by the really comment Neil, but i this and i that fucking drives me nuts.

iRacing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

My sim of choice is better than your sim of choice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
KNAPPO wrote:
NeilPearson wrote:iflag? really?
A better name would have been My Flag. Why do companies feel the need to put 'i' on the front of their products as if it will strengthen its market presence...
I know this isn't what you meant by the really comment Neil, but i this and i that fucking drives me nuts.

iRacing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Gees Norbs I expected more from you... At least call it like the TS channel you created. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I've been looking for some new sim shoes and came across these:

http://www.internationalkarting.com.au/ ... black---44

being sold through their online site here:

https://www.racedeal.com.au/shop/item/p ... art-boot#0

They were originally RRP $150 but on clearance now for $50, I gave them a call, they were their in-house brand but they've discontinued them as they now have a deal to distribute Alpinestars, hence the big reduction to clear them out. From what I can gather you're looking at $150 for pretty much any entry level karting boot so I thought I'd share as it seems a pretty good deal, I've ordered a pair and will post some impressions when they arrive.

A bit of background, I've had some Fast Track Sims shoes (the thin sheet soles) and they're not bad, a bit on the cheap side quality & construction wise but have done the job well & didn't cost much. The soles did start to come unglued at the heel after a year or two but some glue fixed that, the other issue is that the sheet sole is meant for your run of the mill pot & spring type pedals, it's thin and that dense foam used for soles on some shoes, meant for good feel on the pedals. Now that I have HE Pro pedals that require a decent amount of force the sole is deforming and the edge of the pedal has started to cut into the sole with the way that I heel-toe so I need something rubber soled. FTS do have a rubber sole version but with the Aussie dollar now they're no longer a cheap option and in my opinion they're not worth spending ~$100 on.

These karting boots should do the trick and can't really go wrong with the price :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Visiting Evotek Engineering In Maranello, Italy :eyepop:
Today, RD's AussieStig takes you on a talk and drive around Imola in the Evotek Engineering motion simulators.
We try the 026 at the newly opened race centre in Maranello, Italy We also try the newer 027 chassis at Evotek's production facillity just outside Maranello.
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Looks cool but i dont know if i could sit that far back from the monitors. They would feel very small to me at that distance and monitor size.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

The sequential shifter is go. Cost zero dollars so far and has had a successful test.

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

lol thats so awesomely bad. but if it works, who cares
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Haha, so when do pre-orders start? :lol:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Imagine how much time he put in to that when he could have been driving. ;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:The sequential shifter is go. Cost zero dollars so far and has had a successful test.

FUCK YES, Norbtech at its finest!!!
Where is the order page, thats so much better than dropping $500 on a shifter. :nod:

That lighting system is actually very cool, it would drive me nuts but cool to see someone implement it.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:Imagine how much time he put in to that when he could have been driving. ;)

it's NotRickyBobby :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:
norbs wrote:Imagine how much time he put in to that when he could have been driving. ;)

it's NotRickyBobby :D

LMAO. It certainly is not.

I would like the see the thing running. Warning lights behind you would be handy.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:
norbs wrote:The sequential shifter is go. Cost zero dollars so far and has had a successful test.

FUCK YES, Norbtech at its finest!!!
Where is the order page, thats so much better than dropping $500 on a shifter. :nod:

That lighting system is actually very cool, it would drive me nuts but cool to see someone implement it.
Well ,it is actually still in development. I have put at least 40 minutes into it now, and it self centres, like a real one.

Trying to figure out the shittiest looking way to connect it to the button box. I am thinking printer cable. Just got to dig one up and wire the bastard in.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

awesome!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Aritz, from SHH Shifters in Spain, is announcing the release of his new 3D printed combo shifter, the 7R. As the name suggests, this will be a 7 speed shifter which includes a built-in sequential mode. With the release of this new model, there will be several mechanical and design improvements over the first SHH shifter produced by this fledgling Spanish company.

Internally there are improvements to the mechanism and overall feel of the shifter, as well as some cosmetic changes to the outer body, making it a more compact unit. The sequential shifter has a stiffer feel in comparison to the previous model. A redesigned interchangeable shifter mode with 7 speed, 6 speed and sequential options. The attachment method of the shifter knob has now been refined and is now a quick change procedure.

The approach SHH has taken is quite a unique one, there are not too many 3D printed shifters to be found online! Another unique feature of the SHH shifter is the option to have your personalised logo embedded in the outer case during its printing process. The shifter also has several mounting and colour options available. Connection is via USB and it is a standalone controller, so plug & play it is folks!

Aritz is a very busy bloke indeed, and is currently flat out fulfilling orders. Delivery of the new shifter is already underway. People that have ordered a shifter and are currently awaiting their shipment will receive the new 7R version in place of the previously released 6 speed model.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Boris Bartholemew, from SHiTTy Shifters in Culburra beach, is announcing the release of his new wood/PVC combo shifter, the FuckeR. As the name suggests, this will be a 0 speed shifter which includes a built-in sequential mode. With the release of this new model, there will be fuck all mechanical and design improvements over the first SHiTTy shifter produced by this fledgling povo company.

Internally there are nada improvements to the mechanism and overall feel of the shifter, as well as zero cosmetic changes to the outer body, making it a more of the same unit. The sequential shifter has a stiffer feel in comparison to the previous model. A redesigned interchangeable shifter mode with nothing and sequential options. The attachment method of the shifter knob, wait, shifter knob?

The approach SHiTTY has taken is quite a unique one, there are not too many wood/PVC shifters to be found fucking anywhere! Another unique feature of the SHiTTY shifter is the option to have your personalised logo scratched into the wood during its time in the fucking vice. The shifter also has 1 mounting and colour options available. Connection is via a plug and it is a standalone controller, so plug & play it is folks!

Boris Bartholemew is a very busy bloke indeed, and is currently flat out fulfilling orders. Delivery of the new shifter is already underway. People that have ordered a shifter and are currently awaiting their shipment will receive the new FuckeR version in place of the previously released 0 speed model.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Does Boris have a Kickstarter? Sign me up!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

One for duke

http://openservodrive.com/

Hows the pedal feel?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

One for duke