Race 2 – Lotus Evora GTC @ Nurburgring

Racing league forum for all different games.
SE1Z

Re: Race 2 – Lotus Evora GTC @ Nurburgring

Post by SE1Z »

Well... don't forget to change your tyres from soft to medium - or you get lapped by the whole field.

Terrible night for me - I did my best to get out of the way for everyone lapping me!
Steve
---
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Lots of fun guys! Really enjoyed that.

I was silly enough to change my setup before the race without testing which made me a little nervous. Ended up having a couple of offs.

Had a fun little battle with Santa at YSU at start, but looking at Santa's pace, I wouldn't have been able to match him anyway.

Had fun trying to chase down stabby, was gaining every lap then unfortunately he had an off. By that point Box was too far gone so I settled in for 5th.

Really enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one and I imagine we can't be far off getting our first series up and running.

:yes:

* WD Darren (insane fast) and Santa YSU.

Great job.
petey

Post by petey »

Very sorry for the turn 1 guys, just clipped the grass and I couldn't keep it straight. Few too many beers, I completely forgot about the race until late and had no AC time up my sleeve (plus a few beers).

I recorded the whole race with FRAPS and will put up a small highlight reel from the dashcam.

According to ysu there is a replay saved so if I can find that I will spend some time tomorrow and put together a proper highlight reel/replay.

Thanks for the racing fellas particularly good work and good racing to M1K.

Again, sorry for T1 :melt:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Replay:
documents/Assetto Corsa/replay/
the file is called "cr" - you have to rename it, then you can load it up from in-game.

However, it's short. For me it only contains the last 6 or so laps.

Edit: oh and it is overwritten as soon as you get on track again. So you have to save it straight away.
Last edited by ysu on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Man almost did not think I was going to get online, had not turned on the machine and got the last update but it got jammed or something and took 2 restarts of the DL to get it finished.

Qualied middle pack ;) On the inside row so was pumped for a good start, stuffed my launch but holding station right on the inside for T1 though a BOOOOM!!! Nailed and facing the wrong way, down in last and not a happy camper. Drove angry for about 4 laps but settled down to a dull race after I passed a few guys (guys crashing to let me past). Mid race was brought to life with a nice battle with Petey, gave him enough room a few times but he didn't take the spot so just stopped looking in the mirror and drove away a bit.

Eventually made a mistake and passed he goes but tried my best to hold on to his tail, towards the end I actually began to close in but not enough laps to get the job done.

Happy with the finish but could have been WAY better, very surprised I could keep a decent pace for the full 16 with only a few mistakes. Again the battle with Petey was SOOO much fun and definitely made the race for me.

Looking forward to the next one!!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Had a pretty good race for the most part. Got lucky with GT falling off the track at T3. I thought I was going to have him in T1 but ended up millimeters away from the bumper. Had a few crossups on a few turns and was watching YSU get close at one stage, but pulled through. THe start battle with Righty & Ysu was pretty cool too. Bring on the next one!

Well done Darren & Ysu!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Can we redo that race please?
Stoopid game won't pre-select 1st gear hence my late, slow get away from the start. How can it be a sim if you can't pre-select you gear at the start if clutch is enabled??? Grr!!!
Memo to self just floor it & jam it into 1st when the lights go out!!!

I was wrapped with Qual getting a PB that was sub 2mins, very satisfied. :D

But my Race was terrible, the late getaway meant I got caught up in the 1st turn shenanigans, T-Bond one of the MPR cars (M1K?) that was sitting perpindicular in the middle of T1 but it spun him into the right direction & off we went.
I had too many offs in the next 3 or so laps to remember, one was me being a dick sitting too close to Pix, another was I caught the ripple hard in the fast essess after passing Richo, then the last I remember was a tangle with SE1Z at T4 after he came out of the pits. Sorry mate not sure if I squeezed you but I felt I had given enough room then all of a sudden you were at my front qtr panel, the bump seemed way harder that it should have been (netcode?).
After all that I got into a rhythm, slowly caught & passed Pix to finish 12th just behind Cursed, tried to hard on the last lap to try get him but made 2 big mistakes that cost me lots of time.

I'm with you Pix, could have done another race or extra 10-15 laps but now that I've stopped damn I'm stuffed!!!
Great Combo Righty. :yes:
I cant' wait for the next one. :vibes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Towards the end as you caught up again Flinty I looked back after T1 and saw you had almost caught me.. I then decided decided that I was going to make it as hard as possible for you to overtake..

I then proceeded to run wide at the next corner!! DOH! :fall:

Great fun :up:
eek
petey

Post by petey »

dvestate wrote:stuffed my launch but holding station right on the inside for T1 though a BOOOOM!!!
Happy with the finish but could have been WAY better, very surprised I could keep a decent pace for the full 16 with only a few mistakes. Again the battle with Petey was SOOO much fun and definitely made the race for me.
Looking forward to the next one!!
Haha both of those were my fault I'm afraid. :tilt:

The T1 was my bad and the battle was great fun. :yes:

As I said, I was not very prepared and not in the best condition to race. I'm glad you enjoyed the battle as much as me, many apologies for the turn one mishap :(

EDIT: Going to be a good half hour to render the dash cam footage so I'll up that tomorrow and see about grabbing the replay also, even if it's only the last quarter of the race I'll try and put some footage together if it's any good.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

pixelboy wrote:Towards the end as you caught up again Flinty I looked back after T1 and saw you had almost caught me.. I then decided decided that I was going to make it as hard as possible for you to overtake..

I then proceeded to run wide at the next corner!! DOH! :fall:

Great fun :up:
& there I was thinking you were being a gentleman by moving out of the way. :lol:
Was thinking it would be a battle to pass you once I re-caught you but it was still fun catching you up. :D
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Anyone know if there is an app that shows relative times to the cars immediately behind and ahead of you???
I was really looking for it last night...

Also is there a way to remove the rather distracting messages appearing in the top of your screen of everyone's lap times as they cross the start/finish line?
Dukester

SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I'd also love a blue flag indicator on screen.
Need to know if I'm racing the guy behind, or being lapped!
Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ysu wrote:Replay:
documents/Assetto Corsa/replay/
the file is called "cr" - you have to rename it, then you can load it up from in-game.

However, it's short. For me it only contains the last 6 or so laps.

Edit: oh and it is overwritten as soon as you get on track again. So you have to save it straight away.
Great tip, tks ysu. Pity I started an offline session straight after the race last night.

Is anyone willing to host & share their replay file please???
Dukester

richo

Post by richo »

SE1Z wrote:I'd also love a blue flag indicator on screen.
Need to know if I'm racing the guy behind, or being lapped!

Yes before I rage quit ( wife demanded I hang washing there and then..) I let Flinty through because I thought it was the Non Earth creature DarrenM up my clacker already..
[]D [] []v[] []D
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I didn't even know about the blue flags so nice to know if I have someone coming to lap me I would know about it.

Flinty I use the annoying lap time pop ups for the gap behind and to know if the are faster so I either push harder or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Just wear an oculus rift and you can't see the messages at the top of the screen :)

Last night I managed to turn off the rift UI which shows your own lap times so all I had was race position and lap number. Would be nice to have a race position app to see the gaps ahead/behind.

I think it worked better not having any info. Meant I just focused on driving and ran pretty consistently without as many mistakes as I've been making in other races.
petey

Post by petey »

Finally rendered and uploaded the dash cam video. You can see my turn 1 tank slapper which took half the field out.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Fairly horrendous quality, won't be using that format again.

EDIT: That replay CR file only contained 40 seconds of the cars in the pits on lap 17 haha. Obviously it only keeps a fairly small amount of data. I checked it as I uploaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xzyks ... y2/aacl_r2 If you want to see for yourself.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Now I have the video to tell me who gave me the wack at the start. Awesome to watch our little battle :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So reading the AC forum, relative splits are not implemented in MP yet as the required parameters report null right now. :(

I loved one guys comment on why is it even needed... :rofl:
The app is called Mirrors! You use them by looking left and right or in the centre of the windscreen
There is an offline app that does it here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index ... ion.10226/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

Smasha D
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Smasha D »

had Telstra techs infiltrate my pit crew during the week ... dns for me lol

great to see the racing back, look forward to being connected properly for the next race :tilt: