Vale Joan Fontaine

Chat about stuff you've seen
J.D.
Rat

Vale Joan Fontaine

Post by J.D. »

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... hv5zc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd be surprised if many here know of Joan Fontaine, who has died, aged 96. She was the estranged sister of Olivia De Havilland, who survives her, aged 97. The two were never close and had not spoken since 1941. Fontaine is probably best known for the Alfred Hitchcock adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier's novel Rebecca (1940). Although nominated for the Academy Award for that year, she lost out to Ginger Rogers. She had her moment in the sun in 1941 for her role in Suspicion, another Hitchcock.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Re: Vale Joan Fontaine

Post by Nigel »

Yeah she died the same day as Peter O'Tool I think. I still think Peter O'Tool should have replaced Richard Harris as dumbledore.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
J.D.
Rat

Re: Vale Joan Fontaine

Post by J.D. »

Nigel wrote:Yeah she died the same day as Peter O'Tool I think. I still think Peter O'Tool should have replaced Richard Harris as dumbledore.
Wow. Peter O'Toole too? I missed that altogether.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... 2zfqg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.