New speakers

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

New speakers

Post by DexterPunk »

There's currently a 40% off speaker sale at JB. I've been eyeing off some Dali concept 8's for probably a year and a half now. When they came out the list price was somewhere around $1899. They gradually dropped to around the $1500 mark, then went to 'Q'. Or 'Quit' and dropped to $1050. Our store is quiet so we still had some sitting there. The 40% off brought them down to $630 and with a few more dollars left after the automated sale prices I got them for $599. The boss said she was gunna get them if I didn't and I was silly if I didn't jump at it. Sometimes working in retail has it's perks. Not that anyone else couldn't have got that deal if they spotted it, but we tend to get first dibs and know when the deals pop up and jump on it quick.

Epic speakers by the way.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Shonky

Re: New speakers

Post by Shonky »

That's a sensational price for the Concept 8s Dex, great score.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Cheers Shonky. I was afraid my mid range Pioneer amp wouldn't have enough guts to power them properly, but I'm pretty impressed at how it's handling them. They sound brilliant even on their own in stereo playing a CD. And adding in the Jamo speakers and sub for 5.1 is just magical. I threw on Empire Strikes Back for a bit today... Awesome.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I had a quick squiz online and they seem like pretty decent speakers and looks like you got a bargain!

I bought some floor standers myself about a month or so ago and am very happy with the purchase. I went for some Ascension speakers from Adelaide Speakers, a one man show out of Adelaide who's highly regarded for being great value for money. High end components but at a much lower price as he makes them himself, to order.
I got the Sentinel 632STL's which are a bit smaller than the Dali's, two way but looking at the specs are more efficient and go lower, rated at +/-2db down to 35Hz. They sound great, so clear and go surprisingly low, not even thinking about a sub any more, especially for the size room I have.
They're listed as the 632SVTL on this page but he now sells them with a higher quality SB Acoustics tweeter
http://www.adelaidespeakers.com/sentine ... nders.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love how quality speakers you can crank them up and they still sound clear and don't have that harsh/loud sound to them. I'm still going through the CD collection, wanting to listen to all my favourites with the new sound :D

I'd highly recommend Adelaide Speakers to anyone thinking about some new speakers, I really believe you get much more for your money than store bought.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

They look to be some nice speakers Sars, there is some great value from the small guys with speakers, reminds me of the likes of Krix and Whatmough Monitors 20 years ago before they became more of a mass manufacturer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Those are some good looking speakers. Good stuff!

I actually managed to source a Dali concept sub from the Mildura store. A $900 sub (probably more RRP) for $360 while the sale was still on.

plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

I also got the Dali concept 8s last year on the 40% sale, and have been loving them since. Great bang for buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]