Air valves

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
petey

Air valves

Post by petey »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Interesting idea, very noisy. Would have liked to have seen/heard the demo engine running.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Shonky

Re: Air valves

Post by Shonky »

Certainly is interesting technology, one that I would like to see perfected and put into mass production. I wouldn't be too concerned about noise too much petey, I have no doubt that can be overcome, take today's diesel engines compared to a diesel engine from 10-15 years ago, back then they were truck engines stuck into 4 wheel drives, now the NVH levels are low enough to stick in an everyday shopping cart.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Air valves

Post by Exar Kun »

Interesting. F1 has used pneumatic valves for a really long time which do away with valve springs in place of pressurized chambers but they still use cams as far as i know. It makes sense to have a system that is essentially infinitely variable so I assume it was either banned in F1 or technical issues stopped it from happening.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"