Raceroom experience

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Raceroom experience

Post by Duke »

Yep the FFB is a lot different to AC that's for sure. For me the default settings has a very large center deadzone & also I hate how light the FFB goes when the front grip is exceeded.
So I spent a bit of time the other day fine tuning it for my G25, I have reduced the center deadzone considerably & improved the FFB overall but I still think it can be improved.
I'll post my settings when I can, hopefully they are useful to someone.

As for turning angle being off, if you haven't already check & adjust the in-game wheel rotation setting. By default it is low, less than 900' that's for sure. ;)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Yes, I turned the in-game angle up to 900deg, but I wonder if it is too much. Maybe I need to change the linearity or something. I currently find that I'm often turning the wheel well past 180deg to get around pretty average corners. I tweaked the settings on the wheel itself to 720deg but its still way off.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Cursed wrote:Yes, I turned the in-game angle up to 900deg, but I wonder if it is too much. Maybe I need to change the linearity or something. I currently find that I'm often turning the wheel well past 180deg to get around pretty average corners. I tweaked the settings on the wheel itself to 720deg but its still way off.
The other thing to look at is the steering lock setting. It's the one setting in the sims that have it (rF) that has always confused me but I know it can make a huge difference to how a car drives.
Now what the correct setting is to make it true to life I have no idea.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Duke wrote:
Cursed wrote:Yes, I turned the in-game angle up to 900deg, but I wonder if it is too much. Maybe I need to change the linearity or something. I currently find that I'm often turning the wheel well past 180deg to get around pretty average corners. I tweaked the settings on the wheel itself to 720deg but its still way off.
The other thing to look at is the steering lock setting. It's the one setting in the sims that have it (rF) that has always confused me but I know it can make a huge difference to how a car drives.
Now what the correct setting is to make it true to life I have no idea.
I was under the impression that setting is for people with shitty wheels, otherwise a 270deg whel would be too twitchy. So I would go 900deg wheel and max the angle of the steering. That is what I did in rF anyway.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Nice one you bugger.
I'm not sure I could snag a 28.
by the way was that default or tweaked set?
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Default. I worked out a little throttle will get the front to bite and turn.

I then jumped online a flogged a bunch of eurotrash at Bathurst in the 90s DTM's :vibes:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Go ARSE!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Interesting.. has anyone had a discussion about the physics??
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: Raceroom experience

Post by Duke »

renesis37 wrote:Interesting.. has anyone had a discussion about the physics??
Not in a direct way so go for your life...
I'm very interested in what you have to say. :D

Get ready boys, RenZ may just earn himself an ARSE tag/banner after this. :lol:
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote:Interesting.. has anyone had a discussion about the physics??
I will wait to see what you have to say Rens.

Righty and Duke know my thoughts.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I think we're all in agreement. It's not as brutal as AC, it is a little more forgiving. But, it is a lot of fun and believable enough that, unlike project cars, I keep wanting to come back for more.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

A video preview of the upcoming R3E Grp.5 pack... I reckon this will be the best yet. :D

Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I never could get my wheel feeling good in this. Can someone post their g27 settings from in game. Like some screenshots for me? Cheers
Hello :aussie:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

The absolute first thing I do with every car is go into steering settings and change the steering to 900 degrees.

Beyond that, I actually leave it as default for the G25. There's some slightly weird stuff around the middle in some cars, but overall, the FFB gives me a good idea of what the car is doing.

I'll post up settings tonight though.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Thanks mate. I'll have a look today and see in the Setup. I run 540 degrees on my wheel so that probably doesn't help
Hello :aussie:
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

I am not going expend much energy on this, I can't get into a game that has no weight transfer information getting to the wheels. That is the reason under light braking it understeers (should be transferring to the front wheels and giving more grip) and on power the front tyres stay on the ground and allows it to turn unnaturally (should cause the front to loose a bit of potential grip). It also has too much lateral grip in relation to the longitudinal grip but that could be a side effect of the missing weight transfer.

I actually played around alot with the FFB and got it decent, there is still some information missing but it is no where near its worst feature..

I like the concept of the competitions..
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Don't really disagree with any of that, I guess the difference being that I'm still getting some enjoyment out of it. For all I care, as long as it's fun, I could drive around in reverse at full speed on 1 wheel and not have an issue with it.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

All good, ultimately that is what most people are trying to get out of life.. Sadly I'm too much of a perfectionist and over analyse everything then end up depressed, lol.. My missus can't watch movies with me for the same reason.

If there are a heap of us belting around I'll happily join in for some casual fun.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

He uses layman's terms to try and sum up the difference between them, which doesn't really work.. Still worth a watch.
norbs

Post by norbs »

When you talk to race car drivers, they tell you the most important feedback you need, your arse, is what is missing most in any game. So they are all a compromise.

I would give AC an 8 on the Sim/Arcade scale where 0 is Mario Karts and 10 is a yet to be made Simulation. R3E would get a 6.5.

I think AC with R3Es sound, FF and MP code would be awesome.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

That video is an interesting take on it and having played all 3 tend to agree.

Weather etc in pcars wins, FFB is shit though in my opinion. R3E has better sound and better FFB and handles very similarly to pcars (I'd say slightly better) and AC wins in the handling side of things. AC and pcars both use FMOD for audio, pcars does a better job. I'd say AC looses that pretty convincingly, although it's getting better. Sound is a massive part of the immersion for me.

As I've said to Norbs on a bunch of occasions, I've had pcars for a long time now and hardly ever feel compelled to fire it up, It's mostly for the eye candy that I do. R3E has just got me hooked for some reason and I'm hoping the dedicated server stuff will really kick off some Monday night fun for us here.

AC is still the "serious" sim, but who want to be serious and over analyze things all the time? I have read many times on this forum the term (plow understeer) when talking about AC, for anyone who feels that way, I recommend testing out this with the free track, you might find it's more pleasing to drive.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

renesis37 wrote:If there are a heap of us belting around I'll happily join in for some casual fun.
And that is why R3E is a great candidate for some additional ARSE pickup racing, it's forgiving enough that even Durrie could join in & be competitive. :prod:
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sector 3 Studios have released the much anticipated Group 5 pack for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.
The pack brings seven car models to the simulation, five of which are brand new to R3E, also including 44 different liveries for the cars.
The pack sells for 1699 vRP (~$23.80AUD) and is available at the RaceRoom Racing Experience Store.

Code: Select all

Included Car Models
    Zakspeed Capri
    Chevrolet Corvette Greenwood 1977
    BMW 320 Turbo
    Chevrolet Dekon Monza
    Fabcar 935
    Nissan Skyline 2000RS
    Nissan Silvia Turbo
Dukester