anyone know about this?

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

anyone know about this?

Post by w00dsy »

i 'came across' these pics today. Not 100% sure what or where exactly it is, but it seems to be a proposed track in SA. A google search didn't come up with a whole lot. It looks pretty good though. It looks rather big for a club track, looks a lot more international.

SE1Z

anyone know about this?

Post by SE1Z »

That's one hell of a reaction to a proposed new track!
Steve
---
GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: anyone know about this?

Post by GT VIRUS »

Seems unlikely to happen, with tailem bend still being talked about. The argument about noise is silly though, as that zoo has a kart track and motox track next to it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Didn't even Know Monarto was on the list of sites. From the looks of the top one, the Zoo is about 6 or 7 k away. Surely that would be enough, if not then a big mound of dirt would go a fair way to stop that. Looks like a drag strip is allowed for, which is what SA is begging for. No Skid pan or anything by the looks though.

Anyone know what's blurred out?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nothing seems blurred out it is just a superimposed image.

Nice full length track, though most would probably use the short track or a combination there of.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

There is a blurred out logo in the bottom left corner.

Looks better than the one they're trying to build in Wagga, though I guess the Wagga one would be more of a club track.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/ ... 01251.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

That racing line video - is that just the same over and over again. Bit of a straight, left kink and then right hander. Bit of a straight, left kink, right hander. Who designed that? My 5yo designs better tracks than that.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Probably they same person who designed qld raceway!
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Is this like the f1 track/motorsport complex on the gold coast? The race track in the hunter, the race track on the nsw central coast, the race track at nowra etc....My point being is that none of these seem to become proper realities :(

The proposal looks great, and fingers crossed it happens but i fully expect it not to.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

or what about this then?

http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/ne ... 39547.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: from a while ago.
Nowra in pole position for racetrack
05 Jan, 2011 07:23 AM
SHOALHAVEN could become a car-racing centre, with the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport interested in a top track being developed west of the town.

During the recent Shoalhaven City Council meeting, council’s financial director Peter Dun confirmed Australia’s peak motor sport body had shown an interest in developing a racetrack off Main Road 92.

Cr Greg Watson was quick to extol the virtues of an expanded motor racing industry in the Shoalhaven, saying it could bring “many millions of dollars” to the region.

“This is a major industry that could bring an enormous amount of wealth to the area and jobs,” Cr Watson said.

“These opportunities only come along every so often.”

He said the proposal centred in building a racing centre and major regional facility at Yerriyong, near the existing motocross track.

As many major regional racetracks were being closed or facing the prospect of closure to free up land for redevelopment, Cr Watson said there would be plenty of money available to build a new facility on Nowra’s outskirts.

While there was a rumbling of disquiet among some at the meeting, and Cr Amanda Findley even spoke about people racing “goat carts”, Cr Gareth Ward was also quick to defend exploring the motor racing options.

“This is about the everyday Aussie wanting to enjoy their motorsports in the Shoalhaven,” he said.

Council voted to set up a committee comprising economic development manager Greg Pullen, tourism manager Tom Phillips, Roger Walker, Paul Sutton and Trevor Bridge to investigate the feasibility of building a new raceway near Nowra.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

If ex-Mayor Watson has got his finger in the pie it will be a monumental fuck up for the Shoalhaven
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

VIPEROSI wrote:Is this like the f1 track/motorsport complex on the gold coast? The race track in the hunter, the race track on the nsw central coast, the race track at nowra etc....My point being is that none of these seem to become proper realities :(

The proposal looks great, and fingers crossed it happens but i fully expect it not to.
Dont forget the one at Dungog... :)

The one in the original post though does have some momuntum... there is a consortium of weathy indivduals based in Adelaide who have over the years raced cars, and love it, but with no real permanent circuit of note nearby they have lost interest in the sport overall...

They did buy some land a few years back for a private track a bit like the facility Dean Wills owns, but maybe they have advanced it a bit further...

I am surprised though that it has been leaked, these guys usually keep it all a bit secret, my guess somebody doing the design work has leaked them, hence the scrubbing of the logo...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Has AIR closed down?
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

matticooper wrote:Has AIR closed down?
the own race cars not motorcross bikes.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

matticooper wrote:Has AIR closed down?
For about 20 years now.

In all seriousness, a track is needed in SA soon, as once Clem Smith (owner of mallala) kicks it, I doubt the circuit will continue on. Tailem Bend Motorsports Park is coming, but not for at least 5 years if not longer
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

http://www.shoalhavenmotorsport.com.au/ ... haven.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Building should start in 2013 and be completed by 2015 with Shoalhaven City Council assisting Motorcycling NSW to achieve the desired outcome.

Below is a proposed track layout of the privately funded Multipurpose Motorsport Facility to be built just off Main Road 92 at Yerriyong, near the existing motocross track.

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

4.9kms - jeez, it'll be one of the longest tracks in the country! That's F1 track length.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

The Adelaide one is 4.5, quite a long bugger too
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hz-Lab wrote:The Adelaide one is 4.5, quite a long bugger too
How do you know? :lol:

Who ever did it needs a spanking. The north pointer on the 1st 2 dont match the 3rd screenie.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

norbs wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:The Adelaide one is 4.5, quite a long bugger too
How do you know? :lol:
It's written on the bottom right corner.

See what you mean about the Pointer too.. lol.. what a noob