iOS4 jailbroken

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

iOS4 jailbroken

Post by w00dsy »

possibly the nicest jailbreak i've seen, it's all done from the phone now, just visit http://jailbreakme.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and you'll see the slide to jailbreak. Once you've done that it says it's downloading and then it'll jailbreak it. No need to restart, it'll add Cydia and then you're set. It worked for me on an iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom and iOS 4.01

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: iOS4 jailbroken

Post by nutty »

Does it work on the iphone 4 yet?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yeah it's a universal iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch jailbreak. Here's some info on the whole thing http://claytonbraasch.blogspot.com/2010 ... me-20.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Wow that's amazingly easy!? Might give it a go on iPhone 4
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

bout to give this a shot since the last couple of attempts failed. syncing phone takes forever!
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

DexterPunk wrote:bout to give this a shot since the last couple of attempts failed. syncing phone takes forever!
Once USB3 starts to take off (and if it's ever added to the iPhone), it should improve things. :)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

To the guys that have done it, have you restarted the phone since? Apparently it kills FaceTime and MMS on every iOS device (maybe not such a big deal ha). Theres a true JB "coming soon" aswell.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

So perhaps I should just restore? I did it, but not really sure I'll ever use it?
markus

Post by markus »

wabbit wrote:To the guys that have done it, have you restarted the phone since? Apparently it kills FaceTime and MMS on every iOS device (maybe not such a big deal ha). Theres a true JB "coming soon" aswell.
Facetime and mms are fixed according to the comments and release notes.
Much cycling such kilometers.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

wabbit wrote:To the guys that have done it, have you restarted the phone since? Apparently it kills FaceTime and MMS on every iOS device (maybe not such a big deal ha). Theres a true JB "coming soon" aswell.

i saw some on whirlpool who had that issue, but as markus said it has now been fixed. I never had the mms issue, and not having an iphone 4 i didn't even know what facetime was. I had to google it.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Oh sweet thanks guys.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Thats insane.. what a security hole.. jailbreak from a webpage.. wonder if you can do it without the person accepting it.. crazy
eek
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

pixelboy wrote:what a security hole..
Very true, it uses a PDF vulnerability.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

wabbit wrote:
pixelboy wrote:what a security hole..
Very true, it uses a PDF vulnerability.
Yep, there's a few articles on various tech websites. Apparently you can download an app from Cydia which blocks this security vulnerability, but you need to Jailbreak first to install it! :p

PS. I went ahead and jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday. Worked fine :)

Couple of must have apps;

lockinfo (calendar, sms, mail, notification info all neatly displayed on lock screen)
five icon dock (self explanatory. There's even a six icon dock but it's a little cramped)
SBsettings (quick menu accessible from anywhere to toggle on/off various features such as wifi, bluetooth, change brightness etc.)
default browser changer (used it to change to Atomic browser)

And if you are a pirate, "installous".....
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I just jailbroke mine (original 3G).. worked fine. Have lockinfo (do you have to pay for this? It said something about a trial period) and five icon dock. Any other recommendations?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I did mine... But I'm not sure if I'll utilize it or not. I might just restore back again... The only thing I may use is Bluetooth file transfer, but I couldn't find an app for it. Also I'm not convinced about paying for apps that are for a jail broken phone. I thought the cydia interface was a little clunky, I thought it might look and feel similar to the app store, which is a pleasure to use.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

get Installous Dex
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

How do I do this? I looked for it on cydia with no luck.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

go into Cydia, navigate over to Manage, then click on Sources, and click Edit in the top right hand corner, then Add on the top left corner, once you’ve clicked add, type in “Cydia.hackulo.us” into the http repository screen. Then tap on Add Source and it’ll give you a message about piracy. Click OK on the message and download Installous through this new repo!
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

BiteSMS is pretty cool too. You can reply right immediately from the box that pops up.. whatever you're doing
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

w00dsy wrote:go into Cydia, navigate over to Manage, then click on Sources, and click Edit in the top right hand corner, then Add on the top left corner, once you’ve clicked add, type in “Cydia.hackulo.us” into the http repository screen. Then tap on Add Source and it’ll give you a message about piracy. Click OK on the message and download Installous through this new repo!
Thanks w00dsy, worked a treat...... However I bought the tomtom app, its sitting in Installous saying 'downloaded'.. I click on it and select install, and it says 'Invalid IPA'. Any advise?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i got that until i rebooted the phone
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

there's a new JB for 4.1 http://limera1n.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it's pretty easy but there's some instructions here http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Anyone know if the jailbreaking works on the new Apple TV? seeing it's using exactly the same OS.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

not that one, but the greenpois0n JB will, it was supposed to be released today but limera1n jumped them and i think they are going to incorporate it into their own given theirs doesn't JB iPhones 3's. More info on it all here at whirlpool http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=1530009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;