2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler alert*

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Who will win in Australia?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 am

Jenson Button
11%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Sebastian Vettel
31%
Mark Webber
33%
Felipe Massa
No votes
Fernando Alonso
11%
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Nico Hulkenberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
No votes
Vitaly Petrov
3%
Other
6%

Total votes: 36

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler ale

Post by VTRacing »

durbster wrote: I think I've heard it used but always assumed it was a corruption of the word amalgamation....
You thought it was an "oop North" pronunciation, didn't you? :)
:teach:
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:from the GT championship website

"After Bowe's race had come to an end, Hackett led Wall, until the Porsche driver made a very firm but fair passing move stick with both drivers racing extremely hard. The horror moment came when the Porsche 997 Cup Car of Ray Angus had a huge impact with the parked Bowe Ascari. Circumstances surrounding this accident were being investigated at the time of this report."

found this on another site

The Australian GT Championship cars are up next. The previous day’s race was red flagged on the first lap after a massive start line accident, which saw three cars out for the rest of the weekend. Today’s race has now suffered the same fate after a big crash at turn ten. After the Ascari of John Bowe lost power while going through turn nine, Bowe parked it off the racing line after the next turn. Track officials were waving a local yellow flag at the turn but this didn’t seem to stop some of the GT cars from continuing to race hard through this section of the track. Other officials at the turn were waving their arms frantically to try and get the cars to slow down as the Porsche 997 Cup Car of Ray Angus crashed straight into the back of the stranded Ascari, which saw the race red flagged. Thankfully both drivers escaped without injury.
All completely irrelavent... are you forgetting he forgot to sign an autograph??? :)

Also, maybe Ray Angus can get some backing from McDonalds to rebuild the car... he made himself out to be a very grand angus indeed... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

funnily enough my experience of Bowe and Johnson was the exact opposite to schuey. I found Bowe to be delightful and Johnson looked like he couldn't of cared less. He signed my autograph but it seemed to be a real chore. I tried to strike up a brief convo but i got one word answers. But Bowe was quite chatty and very smiley. Everyone has good and bad days though so i didn't hold it against Dick. Or he had some sort of power that knew that i was a Holden fan and didn't want to talk to the enemy :D But Dick was still no where near as grumpy as the time i met Denny Hulme. Dick gave me one word answers, Hulme just grunted.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:funnily enough my experience of Bowe and Johnson was the exact opposite to schuey. I found Bowe to be delightful and Johnson looked like he couldn't of cared less. He signed my autograph but it seemed to be a real chore. I tried to strike up a brief convo but i got one word answers. But Bowe was quite chatty and very smiley. Everyone has good and bad days though so i didn't hold it against Dick. Or he had some sort of power that knew that i was a Holden fan and didn't want to talk to the enemy :D But Dick was still no where near as grumpy as the time i met Denny Hulme. Dick gave me one word answers, Hulme just grunted.
I am pretty sure you have seen the link to John Bowe haven't you...?? obviously I rate him very highly on the scale of genuine nice guys in the motorsport community. I can only conclude that Schuey did not greet him quite in the manner he indicated, or there was some other factor he failed to disclose, that description was very out of charactor for JB... although it does happen in sport from time to time.
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I met John Bowe many times When he was still driving F2 and F5000 and later in Formula Pacific. Very approachable guy. Easy to talk to and quite interesting. I remember having a long conversation with him about the problems he was experiencing with the radical ground effect Elfin MR9 F5000 car. He sort of looked like a uni student back then with his fuzzy beard and glasses. The "Lucky Nuts" sponsorship was kind of incongruous too. Between Bowe, Andrew Medeiki, Bruce Allison and John Smith, Formula Pacific was a good scene when it arrived and they were all bloody good drivers. There was a kind of atmosphere which isn't around now. The drivers were a lot more accessible than today. But thinking back I liked Bowe the best because he'd give you time for a chat. Good guy, JB and he's got a way with words too.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I'm surprised you guys think John Bowe's a nice bloke. I saw him once and went over to ask how he was doing and he was happy to chat for a bit. I asked him if I could have a go in his car but he declined with a laugh. Then suddenly he flipped out. He kicked me in the bollocks, punched me to the ground then pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the back of the neck! Then, when the ambulance arrived he pushed the paramedics over and drove it into the wheelchair area, taking out several paraplegics! :eek:

Yeah he might seem like a nice bloke but you say the wrong thing and his true colours soon shine through.

*Who's John Bowe?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah, or if you ask for an autograph...
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yeah he has that side to him too. I once saw him eat Cadbury chocolate, that was the day i stopped following Ford and switched to Holden. Bastard.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:yeah he has that side to him too. I once saw him eat Cadbury chocolate, that was the day i stopped following Ford and switched to Holden. Bastard.
Nothing, nothing at all... I once saw him miss giving an autograph to some guy... the tantrum was amazing, try and try as hard as the autograph hunter begged, pleaded, sulked, JB was never going to stop that tantrum...

AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

durbster wrote:*Who's John Bowe?
[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
richo

Post by richo »

Thats good racing and it shows you dont need to make it a spec series to have great racing.
[]D [] []v[] []D
pab

Post by pab »

richo wrote:Thats good racing and it shows you need to not make it a spec series to have great racing.
Fixed for you.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

w00dsy wrote:yeah he has that side to him too. I once saw him eat Cadbury chocolate, that was the day i stopped following Ford and switched to Holden. Bastard.
Cadbury is fine, Nestle isn't.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

this was many years ago dex, when cadbury were bad.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I had to travel through time to get this fuckers autograph.

He was dragging this huge mother fucking cross and there were plenty of people who seemed pissed off with him. I think I was the last to get an autograph!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

wait a second, he looks suspiciously like John Bowe, fucker
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:wait a second, he looks suspiciously like John Bowe, fucker

Its his long lost brother, Jesus Bowe. He could drive across water and turn water into Premium Unleaded. He cured blind cornerness as well.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I can remember reading somewhere of the famous last corner pass at the grand prix of Gethsemane. Jesus sent one down the inside on Judas in the final turn of the race and the move was a tad touch and go but he got the win. Judas couldn't handle being done over like that and bitched to race control. Seems that race control had money on Judas to win so made up some bullshit story of an illegal move and poor Jesus got nailed for it.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

He went bloody good in the "Crown Of Thorns" hill climb event way back when. He got whipped by a few Italians though.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

and....

[youtube] [/youtube]

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Astro that first vid says he even brought home the bacon after winning Bathurst. What a nice bloke.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

ooooh, that was a bad lap.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

at least he parked this one on the grass

[youtube] [/youtube]