2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler alert*

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Who will win in Australia?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 am

Jenson Button
11%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Sebastian Vettel
31%
Mark Webber
33%
Felipe Massa
No votes
Fernando Alonso
11%
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Nico Hulkenberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
No votes
Vitaly Petrov
3%
Other
6%

Total votes: 36

schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler ale

Post by schuey97 »

DexterPunk wrote:Actually if i can sum this up...

You have made 2 assumptions here, firstly that the drivers don't know there is an area under yellow. Secondly that Bowe could move his car if he wanted to (which you have no way of really knowing what his circumstances were). Both of these assumptions are made on the basis that you don't like the guy because a) drove a Ford.. b) wouldnt sign an autograph for you.

Based off this.. he should be banned from all motor sport. Do you not see how this is a pretty silly thing to say?

Actually im not assuming at all about Bowe moving the car. He had lots of chanes to get it off the track. He should of got it off the track when the car failed on the tight corner before the sweeping complex starts. He had no power then, he should be straight off, but no he kept going.
w00dsy wrote:bullshit it's a blind curve, do you even know the layout of the track? That is the one part of that part of the track where you can see at least 100m ahead of you. Look at Astros pics, you come out of T10 and it's dead straight, everyone sticks to the right and then after they pass where Bowes car they then start to go around the curve.
Yes I know the layout .... when you are walking the track its not blind ....but when moving at speed it is blind.
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

normal racing live vs what those guys did, and despite what you say it's not a blind corner at that point.

schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

w00dsy wrote:normal racing live vs what those guys did, and despite what you say it's not a blind corner at that point.

:rofl:
That looks like the type of line drawing the commentators did back in the 90's during cricket

Plus .... its a blind corner.
Schuey's Unobtainables
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yeah those lines on the road don't look straight at all.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

w00dsy wrote:yeah those lines on the road don't look straight at all.
You do realise there is a curve before you enter this part of the track .....the guy at the back of the group would of never seen bowe
Schuey's Unobtainables
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

of course i realise that, i have driven around it a stack of times. I do live and work in and around melb. That's why i'm telling you there is plenty of room for all of them to have seen Bowes car and the yellow lights where it is on the previous laps.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i've also fucked a woman
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

w00dsy wrote:i've also fucked a woman
And Chuck Norris Approves!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah, ive done that.. its pretty good.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

Is that a personal stab at me ...... Norbs dosent like personal stabs at people in the threads, it results in threads getting locked :lol:
Schuey's Unobtainables
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

AstrO wrote:
And Chuck Norris Approves!

actually he approved my hand.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I dont see how thats a personal attack, its a fact. And as I see it a good analogy. Teaching Woodsy about the Albert Park track would be like teaching him how to root. You have less experience with both.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

on a different note, did anyone hear them talking earlier about Alonso and Schumi having words and Schumi went and dobbed, is he 10? Can't he sort out his own battles? 'Mum, Fernando called me a dickhead'
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

schuey97 wrote:
Is that a personal stab at me ...... Norbs dosent like personal stabs at people in the threads, it results in threads getting locked :lol:
I'd like to think in this circumstance Norbs would approve. Your having a hissy fit over a drivers action that you have absolutely no knowledge about simply because of the brand of car he drove and the fact that he didn't sign an autograph.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rofl: :lmao:

After reading thru all of that last page, that was one of the funniest comments ive ever read on ARSE!

But for the record, Bowe did nothing wrong. His car expired and thats where it ended up. If there was a real issue with its placement race control would have thrown the safety car in an instant, as they ALWAYS do. The car was there for 2 odd laps before the twat in the Porsche ran up the back of it whilst trying to pass or be in overlap in a yellow flag zone. End of story.

As i said the car was there for more than one lap so the Porsche driver should have known better.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

according to the radar Dex posted on the last page it looks like it'll be a wet race. Rain looks about an hour away.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Hey Schuey.... if you're looking for your credibility you might start here.....

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

For those of you in Melb, what does it look like outside?
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

r8response wrote:
schuey97 wrote:
I'd like to think in this circumstance Norbs would approve. Your having a hissy fit over a drivers action that you have absolutely no knowledge about simply because of the brand of car he drove and the fact that he didn't sign an autograph.
I would call that double standards then.

I have knowledge about the incident, just like others on this forum and I have my own point of view just like others on this fourm.

It also has nothing to do with the car Bowe drove ..... I just dont like him as a human being. Its like you are saying I like anyone who drives the type of cars I like. I dont like Craig Lowndes (even when he was with HRT), I dont like Kimi Raikkonen (even though he won a championship with Ferrari) and I dont like Ferando Alonso (even though he won the first race for Ferrari). Simply I dont care what car Bowe drove for.

Also Montey, I would'nt care about Credability on a forum like this ...... most of the forums members on here havent even turned a lap in a national racing category. All comes down to personal opinion and I believe everyone who thinks Bowe was not in the wrong is incorrect.
Last edited by schuey97 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schuey's Unobtainables
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Eddie just owned Lewis in an interview on ONE. :rofl:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

AstrO wrote:For those of you in Melb, what does it look like outside?

overcast, reasonably dark, its been showering here on and off today where i am (about 20min from the track).
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

schuey97 wrote:It also has nothing to do with the car Bowe drove ..... I just dont like him as a human being. Its like you are saying I like anyone who drives the type of cars I like. I dont like Craig Lowndes (even when he was with HRT), I dont like Kimi Raikkonen (even though he won a championship with Ferrari) and I dont like Ferando Alonso (even though he won the first race for Ferrari). Simply I dont care what car Bowe drove for.
There you go then. No matter what the facts are in this incident, you are blinded by the fact that you hate the guy and thats that :shake:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

schuey97 wrote:It also has nothing to do with the car Bowe drove ..... I just dont like him as a human being. Its like you are saying I like anyone who drives the type of cars I like. I dont like Craig Lowndes (even when he was with HRT), I dont like Kimi Raikkonen (even though he won a championship with Ferrari) and I dont like Ferando Alonso (even though he won the first race for Ferrari). Simply I dont care what car Bowe drove for.
And there lies the problem. Irrespective of what happened, you choose to side against Bowe, letting your personal opinion of the man blind side fact.

But yeah, this topic is about the GP. Come on Webber :D It would be nice for him to take a win here, but I get the feeling Vettel is just going to be that little bit faster. Vettel has been comfortable as of late, so I can't see why he wouldn't take the race.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I agree!! Carn' Mark!!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

schuey97 wrote: Also Montey, I would'nt care about Credability on a forum like this ...... most of the forums members on here havent even turned a lap in a national racing category.

i have raced cars in the past, have you? I think you'll find there's more guys here that race than you think. I know of at least 10 who either do or have.