2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler alert*

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Who will win in Australia?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 am

Jenson Button
11%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Sebastian Vettel
31%
Mark Webber
33%
Felipe Massa
No votes
Fernando Alonso
11%
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Nico Hulkenberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
No votes
Vitaly Petrov
3%
Other
6%

Total votes: 36

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix *spoiler ale

Post by r8response »

schuey97 wrote:John Bowe (GT Category) is a fucking wanker ..... who leaves a car on the track on a blind curve-straight. Ban him from motorsport ..... never liked the dick.
:rofl:

Geez you come out with some shit. How do we know the engine, gearbox, driveshafts hadn't shit themselves??? Thats right we don't. Instead you launch into a myriad of crap without knowing anything about the circumstances.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

r8response wrote:
schuey97 wrote:John Bowe (GT Category) is a fucking wanker ..... who leaves a car on the track on a blind curve-straight. Ban him from motorsport ..... never liked the dick.
:rofl:

Geez you come out with some shit. How do we know the engine, gearbox, driveshafts hadn't shit themselves??? Thats right we don't. Instead you launch into a myriad of crap without knowing anything about the circumstances.
He had problems comming out of the turn before the curve-straight (Thats why he was over-taken so easily) ..... he could of pulled off there. There were heaps of places to get out of the way. But oh no .... Bowie is king dick and he can do what he wants, he has always been like that.
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

The yellow flags were out, so WTF was the Porsche guys doing. I wouldn't be putting the blame on Bowe...
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

AstrO wrote:
The yellow flags were out, so WTF was the Porsche guys doing. I wouldn't be putting the blame on Bowe...
Oh course not .... its never Bowes fault. His whole career he has blamed every incident he has had on another driver.
What does this say to everyone ..... if you have a problem with your car, leave it on the track so it can be hit by any other car. I have no time for Bowe, he should be kicked out of motorsport all-together
Schuey's Unobtainables
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I have watched Bowe race for years and years.. hes a well respected aussie race driver, and I've rarely seen him do anything stupid. Not saying what he did today wasn't (I didn't see it so have no opinion about it), but hes always been a fair racer and loves his motorsport in all forms.

Just from the comments, im guessing you must be a biased Holden fan.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

schuey97 wrote:Oh course not .... its never Bowes fault. His whole career he has blamed every incident he has had on another driver.
What does this say to everyone ..... if you have a problem with your car, leave it on the track so it can be hit by any other car. I have no time for Bowe, he should be kicked out of motorsport all-together
Sounds like your taking this from an anti-Bowe point of view. No need to look at the facts, that not only were the yellow flags out, but the yellow track warning lights were also on (I watched the video a few times to make sure). So please tell me what the fuck he was doing going down the inside of the other 2 cars???
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

DexterPunk wrote:I have watched Bowe race for years and years.. hes a well respected aussie race driver, and I've rarely seen him do anything stupid. Not saying what he did today wasn't (I didn't see it so have no opinion about it), but hes always been a fair racer and loves his motorsport in all forms.

Just from the comments, im guessing you must be a biased Holden fan.
Actually its because I met Bowe .....he certinally isint nice and an arrogant prick. I may be a Holden fan but at least when I met Dick Johnson he was great and signed autographs and talked with you ..... Bowie just shoves you out of the way.
I have seen him do a lot of stupid stuff on the track and I dont respect him one bit.
AstrO wrote:Sounds like your taking this from an anti-Bowe point of view. No need to look at the facts, that not only were the yellow flags out, but the yellow track warning lights were also on (I watched the video a few times to make sure). So please tell me what the fuck he was doing going down the inside of the other 2 cars???
The driver was blind-sighted by the other car ..... how do you think he would see the yellow
Schuey's Unobtainables
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Bowe should have been able to at least put it on the grass, but given they had done a couple of laps before the incident, they all knew the car was there. They tried to go 3 wide through a yellow flagged area. Sadly it's a result of rich guys with expensive cars who aren't professional racers. Look at the accident the day before, it all started because a couple of guys lost control just trying to avoid a slowly moving Tony Quinn.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

schuey97 wrote: Actually its because I met Bowe .....he certinally isint nice and an arrogant prick. I may be a Holden fan but at least when I met Dick Johnson he was great and signed autographs and talked with you ..... Bowie just shoves you out of the way.
I have seen him do a lot of stupid stuff on the track and I dont respect him one bit.
Yes but the guy might have been in a shitty mood about something, and you caught him at a bad time.. these people are human after all. I've met Bowe a couple of times, and hes been happy to have a quick chat. Maybe you said something completely retarded.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

DexterPunk wrote:
schuey97 wrote: Actually its because I met Bowe .....he certinally isint nice and an arrogant prick. I may be a Holden fan but at least when I met Dick Johnson he was great and signed autographs and talked with you ..... Bowie just shoves you out of the way.
Yes but the guy might have been in a shitty mood about something, and you caught him at a bad time.. these people are human after all. I've met Bowe a couple of times, and hes been happy to have a quick chat. Maybe you said something completely retarded.
I didnt realise "Can I have your autography Mr Bowe" is retarded.
At least when Brockie was having a real shit day, he still loved talking to his fans.
Schuey's Unobtainables
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

It if is hes taking a shit.

Im sure there were plenty of times when Brock didn't want to be bothered by fans. If you have a gripe against Bowe for not giving you a precious autograph so be it.. But to make sweeping statements like 'ban him from all motor sport' is childish and stupid in my opinion.
Last edited by DexterPunk on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

schuey97 wrote: The driver was blind-sighted by the other car ..... how do you think he would see the yellow
I was watching from around T9 the other day and they have the yellow light systems on both sides of the track. That is no excuse.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

DexterPunk wrote:It if is hes taking a shit.
We were in the Shell hospitality tent.
Schuey's Unobtainables
thornz

Post by thornz »

Whats teh weather looking like doing for the race? We gonna get some rain?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

schuey97 wrote:The driver was blind-sighted by the other car ..... how do you think he would see the yellow
Are you really trying to say that he couldn't see the previous flag point OR flashing yellow lights?
crash_before_1.jpg
crash_before_2.jpg
crash_after.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

what i want to know is why were all 3 cars soooo far off the racing line? I mean they weren't even close. The blame is surely on those 3 and not Bowes car which was at least 10m from the natural racing line.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

AstrO wrote: Are you really trying to say that he couldn't see the previous flag point OR flashing yellow lights?
There would be a reason why he didnt see the yellow ..... then next minute his rival slows-down all of a sudden, what do you instinctively do .... get out of the way .... oh shit, some wanker has parked his car on the actual racing circuit and not got it out of the way.

If Bowe wasnt such a selfish prick, he would of got his car of the track and there would of been no yellows ..... cars have parked off the side heaps and racing continues (Just happened in Race 3 of the V8s).
All Bowes fault - he created the yellow situation by not doing the correct thing and removing your car from the actual racing track.
Schuey's Unobtainables
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

w00dsy wrote:what i want to know is why were all 3 cars soooo far off the racing line? I mean they weren't even close. The blame is surely on those 3 and not Bowes car which was at least 10m from the natural racing line.
:yes: :nod:
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

w00dsy wrote:what i want to know is why were all 3 cars soooo far off the racing line? I mean they weren't even close. The blame is surely on those 3 and not Bowes car which was at least 10m from the natural racing line.
I didnt know it was a crime to not be on the racing line. Maybe the guy in front thought the accident was by the wall so he went to the other side and the cars folowed ..... remember it is a blind curve.
Schuey's Unobtainables
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

schuey97 wrote:
I didnt know it was a crime to not be on the racing line. Maybe the guy in front thought the accident was by the wall so he went to the other side and the cars folowed ..... remember it is a blind curve.

Its somewhat a crime if theres yellows out... you shouldnt be trying to pass. You just said "there would be reasons they didnt see it". wtf? on what 'fact' are you basing this statement? They have radio communication as well im guessing, surely they would have known back at the pits that there was an area under yellow.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

schuey97 wrote:
AstrO wrote: Are you really trying to say that he couldn't see the previous flag point OR flashing yellow lights?
There would be a reason why he didnt see the yellow ..... then next minute his rival slows-down all of a sudden, what do you instinctively do .... get out of the way .... oh shit, some wanker has parked his car on the actual racing circuit and not got it out of the way.

If Bowe wasnt such a selfish prick, he would of got his car of the track and there would of been no yellows ..... cars have parked off the side heaps and racing continues (Just happened in Race 3 of the V8s).
All Bowes fault - he created the yellow situation by not doing the correct thing and removing your car from the actual racing track.

You do what a yellow flag means don't you? There's a danger on the track, drive with caution and DO NOT pass. While it would have been preferable for Bowe to park his car on the grass he didn't actually break any rule, the other 3 dumbasses did. There was room for 4 cars to go side by side and still miss Bowes car. 100% the other guys fault for ignoring a yellow flag.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

DexterPunk wrote: Its somewhat a crime if theres yellows out... you shouldnt be trying to pass. You just said "there would be reasons they didnt see it". wtf? on what 'fact' are you basing this statement? They have radio communication as well im guessing, surely they would have known back at the pits that there was an area under yellow.
I would say they wernt trying to pass .....the front guy was proberly moving off the racing line just incase the accident is on the racing line on the curve up-ahead. The next guy was proberly just following him and the last maybe didnt get a radio call ...... radio calls fail all the time.

Thats the part I'm not trying to argue about. Its what a drive did to create this whole situation. Bowe was suppose to get the car off the track and not leave it in a blind area. He created the whole problem, therefore he is at fault.
Schuey's Unobtainables
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Actually if i can sum this up...

You have made 2 assumptions here, firstly that the drivers don't know there is an area under yellow. Secondly that Bowe could move his car if he wanted to (which you have no way of really knowing what his circumstances were). Both of these assumptions are made on the basis that you don't like the guy because a) drove a Ford.. b) wouldnt sign an autograph for you.

Based off this.. he should be banned from all motor sport. Do you not see how this is a pretty silly thing to say?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

schuey97 wrote:
bullshit it's a blind curve, do you even know the layout of the track? That is the one part of that part of the track where you can see at least 100m ahead of you. Look at Astros pics, you come out of T10 and it's dead straight, everyone sticks to the right and then after they pass where Bowes car they then start to go around the curve.