FSX Help!

General game chat
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

FSX Help!

Post by NeilPearson »

Since smith had the decency to show us that awesome video i thought i would install FSX again.

Well fuck me.

Disc 2 has somehow been scratched to fuck and It wont read on any drive i have. (also found now my laptop doesnt even recognise its dvd player) I took it to video ezy and they cleaned it up alot but there is a huge mark on it still. When i install it comes up with an error about not being able to find the files. Also tried to copy the files over manually to my HDD but nothing.

Cant find any decent torrents online only FSX Delux game i found is going at an amazing 3kb/s. which will have it done next millenium. oh wait it went upto 4.3 kb/s. so next decade.
i havent tried microsoft because knowing them id have to pay 30 bucks or soemthing stupid to get a replacement cd.

So this is what im asking, anyone with Flight Simulator X deluxe Edition willing to copy me a disc 2 and post it to me? Will Pay for postage costs etc. I only need disc 2, disc 1 is fine. dont know how that works but whatever.

edit, i went to MS website for support, and they fucking want $45 for me to just CALL THEM. GET FUCKED you assholes.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: FSX Help!

Post by r8response »

Just looking for a bit of software to rip it and make an ISO
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Ill try alochol 120 to copy it, the thing is if i try copy the files to my HDD it comes up with cant find them error.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I just get disc read errors when i try alcohol 120
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Hey Neil, I have Disc 2, but not sure how to create an image from it (can't do it with Nero - won't make an iso). Any ideas? Happy to help.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

smithcorp wrote:Hey Neil, I have Disc 2, but not sure how to create an image from it (can't do it with Nero - won't make an iso). Any ideas? Happy to help.

Try this http://www.imgburn.com/

Can't find my FSX discs, can find acceleration though :(
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I found something called PowerISO that seems to be making an iso of the disc now. I guess I can burn it onto a DVD and send it to you if it works - PM me your address.

smiss
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Looks like great success! I'll post tomorrow when I get your address.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hehehe, i went through my big box of games that are still in the original packaging. No FSX. Picked up Acceleration and heard something moving about and the old thought "Oh shit the disc is loose and scratched to all fuck" hit me.

Open up, and there's FSX inside in its little wallet :D .
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

w00h! thanks Smith!

lol r8, least you found it ;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Might get a nicko and write FSX INSIDE
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

r8response wrote:Hehehe, i went through my big box of games that are still in the original packaging. No FSX. Picked up Acceleration and heard something moving about and the old thought "Oh shit the disc is loose and scratched to all fuck" hit me.

Open up, and there's FSX inside in its little wallet :D .
the thing that pisses me off is that both discs were in the little jacket :\
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've still gotta get Acceleration. I bought an F-14 last year and have never been able to properly launch it from a carrier.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Good luck finding acceleration i been trying to find it for ages now.

and smith, thanks mate i got it and it works!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

NeilPearson wrote:Good luck finding acceleration i been trying to find it for ages now.

and smith, thanks mate i got it and it works!
Yeah I know :( I keep looking everytime I go past a store just in case but to no avail. FSX is still on the shelves everywhere but no acceleration.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Im sure you could aquire a copy
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Cant even get FSX here except for the GOLD edition which has Acceleration in it, but its $99 and im not paying for a game i already own.

No r8 i tried that. The crack that came with it didnt work so i only got like 30 mins flight time. it needs to be activated online with a cd key

its easier to crack windows than a game. Go figure
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

These guys have Acceleration - reliable place I've often used:

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpa ... meid=15288
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

The FTX boys have decided to give away the Tasmanian section of the AU BLUE pack for free.

It can be had from HERE right at the bottom of the page

These will give you an idea of what to expect

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Well when i started this thread i took my disc 2 to video ezy (dvd rental place dunno if there australia wide) and asked them to clean it, they couldnt so sent it away somewhere. I got it back today. talk about fail.

Got a few free rentals out of it however. so thats a bonus. aswell as smiths cd to play it when i wanted to!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I can't get FSX to load on my new PC. Everything was fine but then I installed the Acceleration pack which I finally got around to grabbing online and now when it boots it says unrecognized graphics card. New Catalyst drivers came out today so i mght give them a go on the weekend and see how things are. I want to see 3 screens + dx10 candy!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Exar Kun wrote:I can't get FSX to load on my new PC. Everything was fine but then I installed the Acceleration pack which I finally got around to grabbing online and now when it boots it says unrecognized graphics card. New Catalyst drivers came out today so i mght give them a go on the weekend and see how things are. I want to see 3 screens + dx10 candy!
Umm never heard of this issue before but I am wondering if your fsx.CFG has got corrupt in someway.
Maybe delete the fsx.CFG file (make a copy first of course), FSX will re-build it again next time you start it.
If you need to find your fsx.CFG file just type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\ into a windows explorer location bar.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

NeilPearson wrote:Well when i started this thread i took my disc 2 to video ezy (dvd rental place dunno if there australia wide) and asked them to clean it, they couldnt so sent it away somewhere. I got it back today. talk about fail.

Got a few free rentals out of it however. so thats a bonus. aswell as smiths cd to play it when i wanted to!

Neil, there is currently a great deal on the FSX Gold Edition (Deluxe & Acceleration Exp Pack) from Mighty Ape in NZ.
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-G ... n/3120194/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you don't already have the Acceleration Pack this might be a good option as the overall cost is close to that of Acceleration alone.
I have used Mighty Ape several times with no issues. They have also just opened an Aussie site http://www.mightyape.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :yes:
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sorry to bombard this thread but ppl might be interested to see ORBX (makers of FTX scenery) are offering a "May Madness" sale on their range of AUS GA airports. You may need to be registered to see this (so copied below): http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=21841.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These do work with standard FSX scenery however they are developed for & blend seamlessly with their FTX AUS Scenery: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_i ... cts_id=888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello all,
For the entire month of May 2010 we will be offering our range of Australian airports at 50% OFF!
Orbx airports on sale

AU BLUE Region
AU YWVA Warnervale Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YPJT Perth Jandakot Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YMAV Avalon Airport - AUD$19.95

AU GOLD Region
AU YSTW Tamworth Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YSCH Coffs Harbour Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YHBA Hervey Bay Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YCNK Cessnock Airport - AUD$19.95
AU YCDR Caloundra Airport - AUD$19.95

This is a unique chance to snap up those airports you've been wanting to add to your collection at this crazy price. The sale is for download products only at FSS: http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These guys do not do things by halves & imho these are a bargain for any serious FSX users especially if you own the FTX AUS pack.
by the way I have no affliation with ORBX or FSS, just a huge fan as an owner of these products.
Dukester

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Thanks flinty, might give that a go.