Cycling and bicycle related stuff.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:Now, about a sub forum. Do people think we need one?
I think it's a good idea. :)
We could then have different threads for different topics as I find this single thread jumps all over the place with different conversations happening at once.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Cycling and bicycle related stuff.

Post by CLP »

Sounds good! :yes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

It's getting close to it, There are more and more posts I'm here everyday and it's getting harder to refer back to previous stuff, I like subforums tho.

Oh, and no minimum orders here, jerseys are a goer, we'll do deals
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Team Arscycle. Is that what a bear gets if it shits in the woods in the middle of winter?

Must be where they get these from
http://www.christmas4you.com.au/product/3035/39241/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:
I think it's a good idea. :)
We could then have different threads for different topics as I find this single thread jumps all over the place with different conversations happening at once.

lets see how badly I can fuck this up!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Well i had a great ride this morning. Did 100km and was lucky enough to ride 10km with Robbie McEwen, just the two of us. We chatted about the Tour Down Under last week. He's a very nice guy. More than made up for missing the ride in Brisbane with him and Lance on monday.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

pab wrote:
Well, I didn't want to sound rude after your first post, but I reckon I could run 12k in 55 mins, my one and only city to bay (12.5K), which, admittedly was 10 years or so ago now, I ran in 46 minutes, so I reckon I could still go close to 12 in 55, so perhaps I could head out for a run when you do a ride :) (he says ignoring the fact that your ride was up hills and my run was on the flat).
My one and only city to bay I did in 55minutes.. although I was 10 or 11 at the time :D Went for another ride today only 9kms, but faster pace.. I tend to take the dirt tracks (leave it, Hz) along the creeks etc.. so that slows me down a fair bit
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bought some Conti sport contact 26x1.3's (and a bell. ring-a-ding). After seeing them installed on the rims I have to agree that I wouldn't want to go much smaller :)

They had some 1.1's in stock as well, but I decided 70psi rather than the 95 psi of the 1.1's would be more comfortable. They were also $15 cheaper.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

did you get/have a pump for them?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i got some nicks yesterday. Took Norbs' advice when he said just put em on and don't look in the mirror. Went for a 40km ride this morning and they were great.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bought a floor pump last week, so no problems inflating them.

People on forums are complaining about them being hard to get on, but they were fine for me. I always make sure I work the tyre all the way into the rim before doing the last bit which probably helps. I don't normally need levers so I guess it was more difficult than normal.

Wearing normal shorts hasn't bothered me so far, but my t-shirt flapping around can get annoying. I'll have to get a proper riding shirt at some point.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

I have a Giyo High Pressure Floor Pump W/Top Mounted Guage from Cell, RRP: $79.00 I Paid: $24.95 it has since gone back to $29.95. It works wonders for me.
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Giyo-High-P ... es?whence=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Well i had a fun ride today. It was a mates birthday and we had a 36km handicap ride. After 30km of going flat out, we decided we must of taken a wrong turn. 36km turned into 64....lol. The last 10 was hard work after going flat out for 45mins.....oops.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Went for a Ride today, just as I got half way it started pissing down! was rather nice cooled me right down.

Im only doing short rides at the moment to build myself up, 8km's today, will probably make it 10 next time but then ill keep it there for a week or so
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

You'll find that you'll be doing decent distances quickly. you say now you'll keep it at 10, I dare say you won't. Every time you go out you soon learn how push yourself that little bit further. When I even thought of doing 90km's i thought it was going to take weeks on end to build up to it, I reckon Woodsy would of been the same. But jeez you get to that level quick. You may not be doing it super fast, but you won't have problems with covering the distance.

So don't sell yourself short, I think my 1st initial rides were around the 5k mark, I think within 2 weeks I was consistently doing over 20k rides no probs. And I was far from fit, just go for it soldier.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I agree, there hz for someone not coming off chronic fatigue. I have to keep it reigned in otherwise i can risk relapsing. I have already had a year off of life i dont want another one :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ah, I see. you should put that in your signature and that would of saved me typing all that..lol. Oh well, good luck with it man, I hope its something you stick to and get the bug for, and I hope it's beneficial to your recovery also.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Good to hear your heading in the right direction Neil, CFS is a shocking illness my wife was on the tail end of it when I first met her so I know how much you have to pace yourself back to normal life. Hopefully the cycling will assist in this and before you know it you'll be pounding out the km's with CFS a distant memory of the past. Good Luck.
Dukester

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Just noticed last night that one of the tyres I bought has some small bulges in the side wall that come out about 1mm.

Is that sort of thing worth worrying about (warranty job) or not? Doesn't seem to be any inconsistency in the mesh pattern.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:Just noticed last night that one of the tyres I bought has some small bulges in the side wall that come out about 1mm.

Is that sort of thing worth worrying about (warranty job) or not? Doesn't seem to be any inconsistency in the mesh pattern.
I'd be keeping a good eye on them. It doesn't sound to good to me. You might want to talk to one of the cycling gods though.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
DarrenM wrote:Just noticed last night that one of the tyres I bought has some small bulges in the side wall that come out about 1mm.

I'd be keeping a good eye on them. It doesn't sound to good to me. You might want to talk to one of the cycling gods though.
Agree with you Norbs, keep checking them or best yet drop by the shop you got them from (if able) as it will be easier to see when the tyres are inflated.
Got any pics DarrenM so we can see it?
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

it isn't going to be a pleasant ride home.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i rode in that sort of heat here yesterday and it nearly killed me, after an hour i had to stop for a few mins cos i thought i was going to spew. I felt shit for the rest of the day.

What app is that one?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I just had a quick session on the pumptrack near by. it's 39.2 here according to my outside thermogadget. I was drenched when I got home.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I just had a fantastic fang down Beach Rd on the way home this arvo. Temp was down to high 20's with bugger all wind, so just perfect.
50k's in 1.5hrs = bliss. :)
Dukester