iRacing Announces Added Features, Lower Prices

iRacing
DarrenM

Re: iRacing Announces Added Features, Lower Prices

Post by DarrenM »

Durrie wrote:Ah...thanks guys.

My SR is 4.46 so I could go to the Mazda but....should I?

Actually....is that right? I've literally only just signed up last week, ran some Laguna and Limerock in the rookie Solstice BUT now I can go the Mazda? (one above my soon-to-be licence?)
When you go up a license your SR drops by 1, so it will got to D 3.46 if you don't do any more driving. As you can see though, it goes up quickly so it wouldn't take much to back up over 4.

It's a shame you can't try the cars before buying.
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

OK, so my SR will be dropped to less than 4.0 and I won't qualify to race in the licence div +1 level above me (Mazda).

This means I can't race the Mazda, but can get my SR back over 4.0 by racing other cars (the Rookie ones included) in lower divs.... And then race the Mazda in this season?

At this point in my iRacing career, I suspect that I'm going to need more race time than Mazda's Mon & Friday 2 hourly schedule. At least the Skip is on Wed and Sundays as well as Mon & Friday.

Oh! LOL, and I've just realised, I'm going to need between 8 and 10 additional tracks to run each week of the season as well as the new car....Bwwwwahahahaha, and so it begins.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hey a quick question guys,

I'm lookin at doing the lotus race tonight, but does anyone know the steering lock of the car?
I prefer to have my steering wheel mimmic that of the one in the sim, so I'm trying to find the rotation in degrees to set my wheel to.

Anybody know?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Scottie wrote:hey a quick question guys,

I'm lookin at doing the lotus race tonight, but does anyone know the steering lock of the car?
I prefer to have my steering wheel mimmic that of the one in the sim, so I'm trying to find the rotation in degrees to set my wheel to.

Anybody know?
If you run the full 900° of your wheel, iRacing will automatically set the rotation to be the same. The only thing is you won't get a 'hard' stop when you reach full lock. It'll just free wheel the remaining.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Durrie wrote:OK, so my SR will be dropped to less than 4.0 and I won't qualify to race in the licence div +1 level above me (Mazda).

This means I can't race the Mazda, but can get my SR back over 4.0 by racing other cars (the Rookie ones included) in lower divs.... And then race the Mazda in this season?
Yes, but it would only take you a few tt's to get it back up over 4.0 so don't think that will hold you back. You can gain SR in any car in Races, tt's or qualifying sessions.
At this point in my iRacing career, I suspect that I'm going to need more race time than Mazda's Mon & Friday 2 hourly schedule. At least the Skip is on Wed and Sundays as well as Mon & Friday.
That pdf is wrong. Use the link I gave for the official schedule. Mazda and Skip barber both race every day of the week, but you're more likely to get races in the evenings in the skip barber. Mazda usually only gets races a couple nights.
Oh! LOL, and I've just realised, I'm going to need between 8 and 10 additional tracks to run each week of the season as well as the new car....Bwwwwahahahaha, and so it begins.
That's the hard part and it's a bit crappy the number of tracks you have to buy for the lower series these days. You get 4 drop weeks though, so if you can't afford all of the tracks you can still get a decent championship in :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Scottie wrote:I'm lookin at doing the lotus race tonight, but does anyone know the steering lock of the car?
IIRC the solstice is the only one so far that uses 900 and everything else is 450. Not sure if that's still the case though.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

yeah I like the wheel letting me know when to stop.

Mazda is 450, Skip is 405, I rekon I'll go 450 for tonight :) prac time!
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

DarrenM wrote:That pdf is wrong. Use the link I gave for the official schedule.
OK, thanks for that. Good to know.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

removed PDF! sorry guys, had me fooled
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Apparently the lotus lock is 630 degrees. I've only ever used 450 though.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

450 felt good enough :)