Re: Orympic games

Post by DexterPunk »

Hz-Lab wrote: Meanwhile, Stephanie Rice is hot...mmmmm... that is all
i concur :yes:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

where did all these good Chinese athletes suddenly come from?
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

w00dsy wrote:where did all these good Chinese athletes suddenly come from?
I have been thinking the same thing.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Apparently the same was asked when the Olympics where here.

And kev, you are right, the GB track riders are awesome. Where did they come from?

Anyone else pissed off with the coverage? We have 3 digital channels on 7 all showing the exact same thing. And nothing has been shown live as far as I know. Even the big events are delayed by about 30 seconds compared with ABC radio. Fuck you Channel 7, its been a disgrace!!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Yes I have been very displeased with the coverage from 7. Even more so, that they hobbled the SBS coverage as well. Last time SBS had all the "none popular" sports which turned out to be not so unpopular at all. This time 7 didn't let SBS have anything which might challenge their (rather crap) coverage. When was the last time anyone saw the Fencing ??!! what about the shot put???!! the Judo ??! Oh yeah the only showed the 10 seconds of the Aussie chick. Wow. I watch the Olympics because I like to see the sports not this constant only showing with Australians in it and then cutting away from the sport. On top of that, you have 7 playing commercials and comming back to "packages" of slowmo shit and then going back to commercials
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

norbs wrote:And kev, you are right, the GB track riders are awesome. Where did they come from?
UK sport invested heavily in facilities and technology for cycling and rowing about 8 years ago and that's all coming to fruition now. We need to do the same in athletics though. I think we're only on for one or two medals in that.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i agree, the coverage on channel 7 is bad....and I hate when it always show the slow-motion scenes for several mins and then going back to commercials again, whenever that is on, i just switch to SBS.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

If you want to watch full coverage of a certain event you better pray that it is on sbs, i am fucking sick of channel 7 cutting from stuff i want to watch to go to something else and they don't carry on where they left off when they go back its another 5 mins through at least! Coverage is shitting me off
Hello :aussie:
norbs

Post by norbs »

No questioning the GB results?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
Anyone else pissed off with the coverage? We have 3 digital channels on 7 all showing the exact same thing. And nothing has been shown live as far as I know. Even the big events are delayed by about 30 seconds compared with ABC radio. Fuck you Channel 7, its been a disgrace!!
I barely watch the olympics at all, ever. But since I started playing hockey this year I thought it might be cool to watch how the pros do it. I've managed to catch the odd 5 minutes high lights package of a half or goals that were scored and that's it - even when Australia, which is one of the top teams in the world, is playing. And then we are back to the pool.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:
norbs wrote:
I barely watch the olympics at all, ever. But since I started playing hockey this year I thought it might be cool to watch how the pros do it. I've managed to catch the odd 5 minutes high lights package of a half or goals that were scored and that's it - even when Australia, which is one of the top teams in the world, is playing. And then we are back to the pool.
Don't worry Mick, the pool is over. Although I fear we will be seeing slow mo replays of it all games.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

had to be a yank didnt it
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

norbs

Post by norbs »

Oh man, could you imagine the shit storm if someone had suggested he was powered by Fried chicken? :rofl:

Talking of medals, I was having a terrific debate with a couple of Pommy guys online before. They were bagging the shit out of me about how they are superior sports men to us now. Jesus guys, going off a bit early aren't we. I will say, the GB rowers and cyclists have been superb. Rebecca Romera particularly. She has won silver at the olympics before as a rower, and she comes to these games as a cyclist and wins gold. Now thats a terrific effort. And Hoy has riden like a fucking mad man. But, the games arent over yet. Be interesting to see if North Atlantic 3 (Great Britain), population about 60,000,000, can hold of the Aussies, population about 23,000,000. :)
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

norbs wrote:Be interesting to see if North Atlantic 3 (Great Britain), population about 60,000,000, can hold of the Aussies, population about 23,000,000. :)
It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it...
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

well we are currently ahead of GB with a much smaller population.. id say we kick ass.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Isn't it about time someone thought up a new bit of equipment for the gymnastics?

There's only so much you can do on the high bar or the pommel horse or the beam. All the routines look pretty much the same.

Pommel horse bucking bronco perhaps. Or the asymmetric bars with added spikey bits you have to avoid.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Big Kev wrote:Isn't it about time someone thought up a new bit of equipment for the gymnastics?

There's only so much you can do on the high bar or the pommel horse or the beam. All the routines look pretty much the same.

Pommel horse bucking bronco perhaps. Or the asymmetric bars with added spikey bits you have to avoid.
I've seen asian women do some pretty funky things with ping-pong balls. So maybe there's a new event for the rhythmic gymnastics.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Big Kev wrote:Isn't it about time someone thought up a new bit of equipment for the gymnastics?

Poll Dancing
;)
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Great 360 picture of the birdsnest

http://www.karikuukka.com/peking2008/100m/
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Terrific link Kev. The photographers behind the guy are funny.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Big Kev wrote:Great 360 picture of the birdsnest

http://www.karikuukka.com/peking2008/100m/
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! :yes:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

by the way, couple of my friends are mates with Bogut.. not sure if you saw his big tomahawk dunk the other day, but my mate sent him a text saying 'that dunk was one of the least gay things youve done' :D
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

AMESOME!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well, Anna Meares goes into the Gold/Silver race. Not a bad effort considering the injury late last year. GoAnna!