Zonda

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I bet it's those ads causing the ADHD
avaran

Post by avaran »

What narrative? It's not a film, it's an add. :)

Narrative is: It's a fast f@cking car, buy it... if you're rich. :)
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:
fourthof5 wrote:Hz, it doesn't work. Trust me. Its what I do for a living. That jump cut fast paced edit just doesn't work. Its not done very well and doesn't allow for a further narrative. If you to see how to use the Fast jump cut have a look at the film Snatch.
You think Nige? They are ads for the ADHD generation.
Sure. But my point is. ya have to actually know how to do the jump cut fast edit. The director / editor should have been shot for that peice of crap.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

fourthof5 wrote:
Sure. But my point is. ya have to actually know how to do the jump cut fast edit. The director / editor should have been shot for that peice of crap.
Who says its crap? You don't like it, sure, but there are others that might. Its like me saying Star Wars is crap. In my mind, its the most over rated pile of poop in history, but I am sure you beg to differ.

Remind you of our photo discussions? Art, its fucked. Give me technical stuff any day. Back and white. On or off. 1 or 0. Yeah, now we are talking. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
avaran

Post by avaran »

Norbs. for some technical stuff, try Finite Element Analysis. That'll do your head in, just don't talk to Nige about it! :P
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:
fourthof5 wrote:
Who says its crap? You don't like it, sure, but there are others that might. Its like me saying Star Wars is crap. In my mind, its the most over rated pile of poop in history, but I am sure you beg to differ.

Remind you of our photo discussions? Art, its fucked. Give me technical stuff any day. Back and white. On or off. 1 or 0. Yeah, now we are talking. :)
Yes but I have a degree in understanding the difference between good and bad TV / Film. And its my job to teach people about it.

As for star wars. Your right, as a film its not really that good from a narrative story point of view. Culturally on the other hand its brilliant.

If you going to do a jump cut fast paced editing it needs to be cohesive. everything needs to work together as a harmonious whole. Without that, its rubbish.

anyway, were off topic.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

regardless of of being off topic, Good and Bad TV/FILM is just a matter of opinion. What is your basis as to what is good and what isn't? surely your not using "STATISTICS"? are you? or are you just relaying from textbooks or worse yet... just forcing your own opinions down the throats of our future academics? The fact is, a certain amount of Market research would've went into those films, in Advertising everything is done for a reason. Keep in mind, those Ford ads were made for an American Market, specifically for the Muscle Car Enthusiest, While the Zonda promo reaks of class it wouldnt appeal to the average Mustang buyer or even the GT40 buyer. They are fast paced clips to encite excitement, And i reckon it does the job.

You wouldn't see Kia do a big budget Clip like that for a Carnival, nor should you... the same principle applies to the Ford add, completely different market, completely different Ad. Also, it's not a movie, it is after all an AD, the idea is to captivate people in as little time. Something Action packed does just that. If that Zonda Promo was played on TV here, 90% of people would just tune out before they got passed the drawing of the Car. For the Enthusiests it's great, for the General Public its shithouse... but then again, the Zonda is not for the General Public lets be honest.

Saying TV is good or bad based on an educational Guideline is bollocks. Is art/media not about expanding ones views and perception? this kind of Closed thinking goes against that completely.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

The GT40 ad - Snatch style

"It's tip top, I'm just not sure about the colour"
INSERT FLASHY CUT HERE
"When you reverse, things come from behind Tyrone!"
AND HERE
"Protection from who? Ze Germans?"
AND HERE
"Heavy is a sign of reliability, if it breaks down, it'll be a fucker to push"
AND HERE
"This car will precipitate your balls into shrinking"
THE END
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hz-Lab wrote:regardless of of being off topic, Good and Bad TV/FILM is just a matter of opinion. What is your basis as to what is good and what isn't? surely your not using "STATISTICS"? are you? or are you just relaying from textbooks or worse yet... just forcing your own opinions down the throats of our future academics? The fact is, a certain amount of Market research would've went into those films, in Advertising everything is done for a reason. Keep in mind, those Ford ads were made for an American Market, specifically for the Muscle Car Enthusiest, While the Zonda promo reaks of class it wouldnt appeal to the average Mustang buyer or even the GT40 buyer. They are fast paced clips to encite excitement, And i reckon it does the job.

You wouldn't see Kia do a big budget Clip like that for a Carnival, nor should you... the same principle applies to the Ford add, completely different market, completely different Ad. Also, it's not a movie, it is after all an AD, the idea is to captivate people in as little time. Something Action packed does just that. If that Zonda Promo was played on TV here, 90% of people would just tune out before they got passed the drawing of the Car. For the Enthusiests it's great, for the General Public its shithouse... but then again, the Zonda is not for the General Public lets be honest.

Saying TV is good or bad based on an educational Guideline is bollocks. Is art/media not about expanding ones views and perception? this kind of Closed thinking goes against that completely.
ya missing the point. Its crap because its not well done. Its been shot buy some tosser thinking the jump cut fast edit will achive a particular effect. And while they are right, actually knowing how best to use that style is something they are lacking. Think of it this way, Take a photograph of a well composed well thought out subject everything is right, but you over expose it. End result is the image is crap. And I base my knowledge on what is crap and what isn't on the fact that its my job.

Here is an example of the jump cut fast edit done well..... And its a car ad.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Speed

Post by Speed »

fourthof5 wrote: And I base my knowledge on what is crap and what isn't on the fact that its my job.
Please stop saying it's your job.
Anyone who makes $300.00 a week for 60-70 hours work, as quoted in the politicians thread is obviously not very good at their job.
fourthof5 wrote:I work pretty much 60 - 70 hours a week. I am responsible for 150 people to which I have a duty of care. and I get pay a whooping 300 a week. Perhaps I should get a 100,000 dollar pay rise to match the pollys who do apparently the same amount of work as me.
Also please stop calling yourself an academic. Your extremely poor spelling & use of the English language would point to the fact being otherwise.

:)
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Ouch.

I get paid fuck all, but I don't care because I like what I do. Don't confuse being low paid for incompetence.

I am dyslexic, spelling has nowt to do with my intellect.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

fourthof5 wrote:Here is an example of the jump cut fast edit done well..... And its a car ad.
i did this a couple years ago when i was first getting into videos, lots that i'd change now if i could be arsed, i think i focussed on it being dream-like yet fast-paced too much, i still like it though.
---> http://aussieexotics.com/videos/exotics ... opper-3694
because you can't drive a house