Keep existing map and just expand the current world
No votes
Move to new map so we can find this new ore type
100%

Total votes: 11

Syncanix

Re: New Map On Server?

Post by Syncanix »

I agree with everything but some control is needed over what we personally build, Having someone able to remove stuff and destroy blocks isnt going to be funny,
it might be done just for fun or as a joke but after looking at some of the places on this map i think i would be annoyed if someone played with what i had built,
As with changing every month is a bit silly but i suppose that when its finally out of its beta state the maps would be playable longer
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198003128152]Image[/url]
My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw me naked and now she’s afraid of the light.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

NeilPearson wrote: We could just run a vanilla server with Mcmyadmin and thats it, and have a free for all, with no specific town laid out, so everyone can do what they like.
with some basic ARSE ground rules for everyones sanity. :)

@Santa - the central point is usually near the spawn point. It never usually starts off too far from there
--------------
Stu
Syncanix

Post by Syncanix »

Does anyone have the Service adress, its not saved on MC for me =-(
My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw me naked and now she’s afraid of the light.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Syncanix wrote: Having someone able to remove stuff and destroy blocks isnt going to be funny,
it might be done just for fun or as a joke but after looking at some of the places on this map i think i would be annoyed if someone played with what i had built
Agreed. That;s my point just above. We need some basic rules as ARSE members. Worked fine on the first map we had but there were a lot less of us. No reason why we cant all play nicely :D

Like no shit like blowing up peoples stuff for fun.
If it blows as an accident, fix it.
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

When do you guys want to reset the map?

Now?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

NeilPearson wrote:When do you guys want to reset the map?

Now?
If it is going to happen, there is no point going to MetropolARSE to do anything so it would be better done sooner or not at all.

Is Astro ok with the change? What about Burn? Im sure he has some pull with Astro :D
--------------
Stu
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Sooner the better if it goes that way. I think we should still have the lots and stuff though, it was a good place to hang about etc etc.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Go I say...sooner the better...Id love to make a fresh start - bit like Studly, the current place was a bit sterile with no real threats in the town...
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Astro has the backup, so im going to reset it shortly!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Stories of valiantly leading creepers out of town are always great, and making night time work/mining risky is also a good thing :)
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

Hehehehe I'm going to play on the server more again. I loved blowing up SAMBO's House :P hehehe. I got to hit the TNT, I feel special.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

so with the new map.. are we going to have random buildings scattered around or some structure to the layout eg the 21x21 with 6gap roads
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Lochie0911 wrote:Hehehehe I'm going to play on the server more again. I loved blowing up SAMBO's House :P hehehe. I got to hit the TNT, I feel special.
Ummm wasn't that why mods were installed? To stop that stuff? Kinda hoping we won't be seeing any of that. :no:
--------------
Stu
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

Bauer wrote:
Lochie0911 wrote:Hehehehe I'm going to play on the server more again. I loved blowing up SAMBO's House :P hehehe. I got to hit the TNT, I feel special.
Ummm wasn't that why mods were installed? To stop that stuff? Kinda hoping we won't be seeing any of that. :no:
Actually, no Stu. Neil and everyone put it there after they backed up the map file.
Santaria

Re: Re: New Map On Server?

Post by Santaria »

Bauer wrote:
Hopefully we won't have any problems like that. If not, maybe temp bans?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Lochie0911 wrote:
Bauer wrote:
Actually, no Stu. Neil and everyone put it there after they backed up the map file.
ah fair enough. I thought you were being destructive.
--------------
Stu
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

ah fair enough. I thought you were being destructive.[/quote]

:D Fun, fun, fun. I believe Rep has pictures :P
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Nah i jumped on and said to the everyone who was on i was reseting the map, and we came up with "lets blow up sambos place first" Backed up the server and we blew it up!

new map is just a free for all atm, my thought are every 2nd map reset is a town, so Free for all, town, free for all, town, free for all, town and so on, that way its not the same shit over and over
Santaria

Re: Re: New Map On Server?

Post by Santaria »

NeilPearson wrote:Nah i jumped on and said to the everyone who was on i was reseting the map, and we came up with "lets blow up sambos place first" Backed up the server and we blew it up!

new map is just a free for all atm, my thought are every 2nd map reset is a town, so Free for all, town, free for all, town, free for all, town and so on, that way its not the same shit over and over
I quite like that idea.
Syncanix

Post by Syncanix »

NeilPearson wrote:Nah i jumped on and said to the everyone who was on i was reseting the map, and we came up with "lets blow up sambos place first" Backed up the server and we blew it up!

Yes agreed, I do like that idea as well, Makes it more interesting.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

My personal opinion -

I am annoyed at the map changes. Basically its twice now I have set out to build something relatively complex and two weeks later the map is either relocated or started from fresh. Now I have absolutely no will do build anything again as I have a good feeling its going to be gone in another 4 weeks any way. Some may say, well go play SP - Well I enjoy building something to make the community better I would be bored out of my mind if I was by myself.

Re spawning items. I had a few spawned for me, mainly clay because my constant quest to find it made the map file something like 15% bigger. So Astro cut me a deal, even then I still had to make it, get the coal, make bricks etc. I also had a few tools left over from some spawns, but even so I still found more diamond than I needed at the time. Having said all of that, I am a builder not a digger. Never enjoyed the latter much. But at least my house, or what is left of it now, was made with all gathered materials bar 40% of the clay.

So yeah if the town is going to be wiped, FFA, wiped, town etc then as far as I am concerned I will just come along to see what people have done as I don't have enough time to the game to build something in that time frame, especially now that the Christmas break is over.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

New Map On Server?

Post by norbs »

Sambo wrote:My personal opinion -

I am annoyed at the map changes. Basically its twice now I have set out to build something relatively complex and two weeks later the map is either relocated or started from fresh. Now I have absolutely no will do build anything again as I have a good feeling its going to be gone in another 4 weeks any way. Some may say, well go play SP - Well I enjoy building something to make the community better I would be bored out of my mind if I was by myself.

Re spawning items. I had a few spawned for me, mainly clay because my constant quest to find it made the map file something like 15% bigger. So Astro cut me a deal, even then I still had to make it, get the coal, make bricks etc. I also had a few tools left over from some spawns, but even so I still found more diamond than I needed at the time. Having said all of that, I am a builder not a digger. Never enjoyed the latter much. But at least my house, or what is left of it now, was made with all gathered materials bar 40% of the clay.

So yeah if the town is going to be wiped, FFA, wiped, town etc then as far as I am concerned I will just come along to see what people have done as I don't have enough time to the game to build something, that I would enjoy, in that time frame now the Christmas break is over.

I hear you Sam. I would have liked to have finished the cavern, but the tribe spoke. I am actually having a bit if fun in SP mode at the moment. I am actually learning a few things, which might surprise a few people. I will see what's happening in the new town tonight and decide if I will make another large project. I did enjoy it, but I can understand the decision made.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I hear ya sam!

its frustrating to have built something for it then to dissapear to nothing. in the first map we had i had finished my castle walls and then we had the server crash and it was gone. so a reset was needed. Was gutted.

Saying that though, the only reason it was done this time was for new content. we wont just reset the map willy nilly, its only going to be on new content.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I still haven't connected to the server since the map reset (apart for a 2 second check). :(
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

NeilPearson wrote:I hear ya sam!

its frustrating to have built something for it then to dissapear to nothing. in the first map we had i had finished my castle walls and then we had the server crash and it was gone. so a reset was needed. Was gutted.

Saying that though, the only reason it was done this time was for new content. we wont just reset the map willy nilly, its only going to be on new content.

Absolutely, for new content its completely understandable. The issue is, how often this content comes along. At the moment its too frequent and it necessitates having a new map which is frustrating. So its not more so the decision of people that's annoying its the lack of compatibility I guess.