Re: People's RL Names

Post by Scottie »

I don't mind my name goin out... it's on the AAL site anyway :P

I didn't mean it litterally :)

Scott U'Ren
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Just playing it safe. I need my thumbs to mast.. um, to drive with :)
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I may have already told this story... I used to use my real name for the AAL until I went to a job interview and they asked me about my online racing. I changed my name on the site very soon after that.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My name is so common on Google that it'd take them a while to track me down. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Peptis wrote:I may have already told this story... I used to use my real name for the AAL until I went to a job interview and they asked me about my online racing. I changed my name on the site very soon after that.
"What? What's that? ...aaaah...no, that's not me, never heard of it; must be someone with the same name."

simple. Unless, of course, you're applying to be a professional online racer or something :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

my name isnt there :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Exar Kun wrote:My name is so common on Google that it'd take them a while to track me down. :tilt:
I usually take a peek at the book when I sign in to vote in elections and there are usually about 5 Darren Marsh's on the list in my electorate. That's why I've never been too bothered about using my name :)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Peptis wrote:I used to use my real name for the AAL until I went to a job interview and they asked me about my online racing.
I don't know if it would be an entirely bad thing... there's bound to be some good skills developing as a bi-product.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Scottie wrote:
Peptis wrote:I used to use my real name for the AAL until I went to a job interview and they asked me about my online racing.
I don't know if it would be an entirely bad thing... there's bound to be some good skills developing as a bi-product.
:rofl: What bussiness is it of theres?
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

The main thing that I didn't like about them bringing up the online racing in the interview is that it felt like an invasion of my privacy, not to mention embarrassing. Here at Australian RACING SIMULATION enthusiasts we're all on the same page when it comes to racing sims, but there are a lot of people who link negative connotations to adults who play computer games.

None of those things were too bad, but I ended up changing my name on the AAL site when I realised that my real name is linked to my forum name. It wouldn't take too much to come on here and do a search for all my posts and see what sort of things I'd been saying. Sometimes I say some stupid stuff. In my line of work, where reputation is very important, I don't really want that stuff to be linked too closely to me, especially when everyone googles everyone else.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Peptis wrote:The main thing that I didn't like about them bringing up the online racing in the interview is that it felt like an invasion of my privacy, not to mention embarrassing. Here at Australian RACING SIMULATION enthusiasts we're all on the same page when it comes to racing sims, but there are a lot of people who link negative connotations to adults who play computer games.

None of those things were too bad, but I ended up changing my name on the AAL site when I realised that my real name is linked to my forum name. It wouldn't take too much to come on here and do a search for all my posts and see what sort of things I'd been saying. Sometimes I say some stupid stuff. In my line of work, where reputation is very important, I don't really want that stuff to be linked too closely to me, especially when everyone googles everyone else.
another words, your ashamed of yourself :P
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

NeilPearson wrote:my name isnt there :(
Those are just the people I invited. If you don't actually have an invite like you told me, then you better get me some details fast :)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Craig Dyke :rofl:

My real name is Dan
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

if we were back in high school Dan, humour towards my name... well, let's just say, i'd probably punch you in the face.

but seeing how we aren't at school , or maybe you are, your immaturity is obviously still your biggest weakness.... :shake:
balls & boobs. . .
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

lol, well put Qman, I reckon its a corker of a last name, works well with your business too, "Mr Dykes" has a awesome ring to it. Hey how many times have you thought about changing your middle name to "Van" though?
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

NeilPearson wrote:
Peptis wrote:The main thing that I didn't like about them bringing up the online racing in the interview is that it felt like an invasion of my privacy, not to mention embarrassing. Here at Australian RACING SIMULATION enthusiasts we're all on the same page when it comes to racing sims, but there are a lot of people who link negative connotations to adults who play computer games.

another words, your ashamed of yourself :P
Nah, just ashamed that I hang out in a forum that you visit :lol:

Seriously though, I can handle my friends knowing that I play computer games, I just don't think my future employer should have access to that information. It's none of their business.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Peptis wrote: Nah, just ashamed that I hang out in a forum that you visit :lol:

Seriously though, I can handle my friends knowing that I play computer games, I just don't think my future employer should have access to that information. It's none of their business.
They just want to be able to avoid the places you visit, otherwise you'd find out that they are in fact gaming more than you, even in work-time. :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
pab

Post by pab »

I'm wondering if we could get a sticky thread in th eiRacing forum somewhere that lists all of our real names in one post to help us add each other as friends (by the way, I'm not on Darren's list cause my invite came from someone else, as you can see from my sig, you might like to add Peter Brennan to your friend list if you feel so inclined).

PB.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

From what I've read us aussies will be assigned into the same regional club and have our own private subsection in the forum. I figured if we start a topic called A.R.S.E and then all post to it with our nicks that will make it easy to add people to friends.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Sounds like a good idea Sars
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yep, we'll all be in the "International Club" and each club does have it's own forum.

Apparently we'd need something like 1000 aussie members for them to create a new club for us.

Here are the invites with nicks:

Righteous - Geoff Saville
Quincy - Craig Dyke
Bauer - Stuart Thorp
Shaun - Shaun Devaney
r8response - Bryan Godsall
ysu - Istvan Horvath
SiD - Hayden Price
Kindjal - Daniel Fearn
TwistLosi - Stephen Titow
Hz-Lab - Kyle Stevens
Gizmo - Jonathan Salhani
Cetram - Lachlan Harris
playz - Aaron Plazier
Sterling - Wayne Haak
Jayforce - Jason Madigon
Schmickle - Jonathan King
glen73 - Glen Clarke
Scottie - Scottie U'Ren
Thornz - Paul Thornhill
Vialante - Michael Anderson
Exar Kun - Mick Dunn
Fandango - Matthew Parkinson
Sarsippius - Duane Burns
richo - Richard Anderson
pab - Peter Brennan
hazelb - Haydyn Bevis
Last edited by DarrenM on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

currently i am playing as Rod Dickson as i used his credit card. i have emailed the support team to get it changed
Hello :aussie:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Looking at the names on the official forum, either there are a lot more women in simracing than I realized, or there are a bunch of guys using their mums credit cards :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

For us to race together, we need to be on each others lists. So i've already added Quincy so he'd need to add me so we're placed together

Well, thats what i've heard
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

DarrenM wrote:Looking at the names on the official forum, either there are a lot more women in simracing than I realized, or there are a bunch of guys using their mums credit cards :)
The latter more than likely.