ARSE World Cup Thread!

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Italy have a habbit of winning games in the last seconds of the game.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

ReppohC wrote:Grrr. Stayed up through the entire Germany vs Italy match. And then they go and kick two goals in the last minutes of extra time. Was really hoping for it to goto penalties as well... Wanted to see how good that italian goal keeper really is. Hes yet to have a goal against him (other then that own goal).
It's safe to say I'm quite sick of Italy already :)

the man with the scuba gear did get an awesome goal tho.

never thought I'd say this but GO FRANCE (oh god its just wrong)
Gasking: just cant hack getting beaten by you Pete, specialy by such a large amount

Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Yeah its real hard to pick a team to go for now................ :melt:

I guess I'll have to settle for anybody but Italy winning......
Threeps

Post by Threeps »

It is hard to go for any particular team now. I've picked France because of Zidane's exceptional display against Brazil. He put no step wrong and was the flashy, exciting player that Brazil always gets the rep for. I only hope he turns it on again tomorrow and on Monday morning. Gimme more.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

I guess you'll all have a fun time rubbing it in for me on Monday. Although I was supporting Australia first and foremost and agree that it was a shitty way to go out, Italy has done enough to win my support again. Two great matches against Ukraine and Germany show that they can also win fair and square. In the beginning I didn't think they were very strong on paper in comparison to previous generations but the team seems to have grown larger than the sum of its parts and become one of the most exciting Italian teams in a long time.

France didn't impress me until they suddenly turned it on against Brazil. A pleasant surprise after they've essentially been missing in action since they lifted the cup at Euro 2000.

I'd rather they reach the final than Portugal who initially impressed but I haven't enjoyed their current methodology in winning their matches against England and the Netherlands. It seems even more cynical than Italy and that's no mean feat.

Pity for Germany as despite me wanting to see a few smiles wiped off the faces of some of them, particularly Klinsmann, Lehmann, Ballack and Podolski, they were probably the most positive-minded team throughout the tournament in my opinion.
Montey

Post by Montey »

I got given a book today. It was called "Football for Dummies". It was decided by someone that the book just didn't need to be read from front to back. So they wrote in nice bold lettering in side the front cover:

Football for Dummies.

Lesson 1 of 1 : Make like a submarine and DIVE!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I hope Italy win....... then all us Aussie's can say ' WE WOULDA WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!' :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

dvestate wrote:I hope Italy win....... then all us Aussie's can say ' WE WOULDA WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!' :D
hehe, yep :nod:

It's the only reason I have though, I don't care much for either the Italy, France or Portugal sides.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Wonder what was said to Zidan to make him react like that ? That move could well have cost France the world cup (he was not there to take penalties)

Grats to Italy for the win.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Sad way to end your career.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

When I saw the penalty awarded to France early on after another ordinary dive I couldn't help but think karma was going to come back a get Italy.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

One thing for sure. that was a quality head butt
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

thats what i thought, my reaction wasnt y is he doing that it was sweet :D lol
Hello :aussie:
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Damn I missed that part, must have fell asleep :melt:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

hahah, honsatlly I wanted Italy to win, but it was dispaointing to see Zidane to go out like that.
But loved all the dives throughout the game :S
Montey

Post by Montey »

Just go show, the best way to win a world cup is to make like a submarine!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

It was France's to win after half-time but who would have put money on Italy making all 5 penalties?

Sad to see it had to happen with a red car for Zidane. We'll have to wait a little while to find out what was said to make him snap like that, again.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Appropriate, me thinks!

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

lol r8!!

Have a look @ these stats.
http://www.informationbuilders.co.uk/ontheball/wcuk.htm

A more japaneese feel
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Montey wrote:Just go show, the best way to win a world cup is to make like a submarine!
Yeah, what's with that? I watched two world cup matches, Italy vs. Germany and the final and each of the three teams involved were taking their fair share of dives. It was from my viewpoint pathetic to the point of being comical. It looked more like WWF than soccer at times. Is this typical of world class soccer?
Doso

Post by Doso »

that headbutt was the highlight of the entire worldcup

finally an italian not going for a dive!
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

I think they should hand out red cards on video evidence of diving.
Let the game continue but if a player is found to diving (on video evidence after the game), ban him for the next game.
They used the video to ban Frings after that fracus with Argentina and the players would certainly pull their heads in. :nod:

I also thought "if your going to end your career with a head-but, get the bridge of the nose, not the chest" :mrt:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Zidane: "Ordinanza de tirare il costume!" (Stop pulling my shirt)
Materazzi: "Taciti, enculo, hai solamente cio che merite." (Shut up, ..., you're only getting what you're deserving)
Zidane: "Si e cio." (Yeah sure)
Materazzi: "Meritate tutti cio, voi gli enculato di musulmani, sporchi terroristici"! (All of you deserve it, fu**ing muslims, dirty terrorists)
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Dont get me wrong, thats a really bad thing to say, and I hope fifa do somthing about it. but the point is he still over reacted, he knew that the Italians are dirty, he should have just copped it on the chin and left it at that.