C.A.R.S.

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
Dr. Pain

Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by Dr. Pain »

Team members no longer get a free copy of the game release. Instead get a 25 euro discount. You have to up your membership to get a free copy on release. Poor form really as I upgraded because of the free copy and weekly builds.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

id say thye are struggling to make the money they expected then
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Or more expensive then first thought.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

or both. poor form indeed.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
petey

Post by petey »

So far we have had at best an alpha physics test release, using a pre developed AAA graphics engine. Sound has been sub par and no multiplayer for team members.

Shithouse in a nutshell.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I disagree, Pete; they do what they do; develop the game. You expect everything in well before development is finished? Well, then maybe your expectations were a bit too high.
Also keep in mind that some 90% of all IT projects will run over - either budget or time, maybe both.
petey

Post by petey »

Don't get me wrong, I think it is very good for its stage. However I am simply commenting realistically as to what has been achieved - as far as I've seen it so far.

The graphics are being slightly optimised each time - still far from good. The physics have shown bit of improvement but the focus on adding new cars has taken over in general. The tracks graphically have been coming along well.

No idea on the multiplayer and the ai is fairly pitiful - but you can't expect much when physics are constantly being revised.

No real effort put in on the sound department, samples are ok but the engine and implementation is shocking.

Overall at this point the game is 2.35-.........-finish in terms of where it needs to be. So is it really a time to be looking for money already? if they've gone over budget ALREADY it's a bad sign.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Reminds me of to phrases.

Programs for sale: fast, reliable, cheap - choose two.

Ready, fire, aim: the fast approach to software development.
Ready, aim, aim, aim, aim: the slow approach to software development.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

I wasnt actually aware that the game is a multiplatform release untill a short while ago. Knowing that its a multiplatform game ive now pretty much given up hoping for a reasonable sim.

I plan on waiting some time till i download another dev build as very little changes on the driving side of it to get my hopes up.

Sound is very average atm as well.

Still there is a fair way to go.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

i thought the idea of this project was the members steer the direction of it? So I thought if the consensus was that people didn't want an arcade game, they wouldn't develop one?
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Woodee wrote:i thought the idea of this project was the members steer the direction of it? So I thought if the consensus was that people didn't want an arcade game, they wouldn't develop one?
The ones who put the most money in will have the most say (fair enough). And the ones putting the most money in will also want the biggest return so they will be going for a game that makes them money which points towards something that is not a hardcore sim.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
petey

Post by petey »

Bit of a bump here, recently added was the Pagani Zonda R - good fun.

Many other additions have been out for a while now and I must admit the overall experience is already getting alot better. Didn't need to fiddle with the FF settings with this build either.

They have got the cars bottoming out and reacting with weight transition in a predictable and fun manner atm :yes:
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Ywah had fun today driving the stock car around Connecticut hill (The Glen) today, even manged a top 10 time!

Graphics seem much worse than last build tho, same setting but mega jaggies, as if there i no AA. might have to check their forums
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

I downloaded the latest build and agree it has come along way. The wheel settings are now fine and the cars feel a little bit more skittish but in general they still have far too much grip and brake lock ups are still something you really have to try hard to achieve.

The graphics are seriously impressive though.
petey

Post by petey »

Disagree on the brake lockups, atleast on the cars I drive - Ariel v8 and caterham - when trying for a lap time I am always on the edge of lockup.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I did an update for this today. A bloody big one. Download was slow and it has been nmonths since I had done it.

I was curious to see how Bathurst was progressing and in paying homage to Sambo, i wanted to do some laps of the mountain in a Formula Ford

check this out:

[youtube] [/youtube]
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

At least switch the telly off, or put some music on, if you don't have speakers :lol:
or...why don't you try to record with fraps instead?

But nice slide, hey !
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I actually took it on my phone to show a bloke at work. I forgot to unplug my headphones so the sounds you get are some weight loss ad :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

looks impressive...
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

The 'bumper cam' view looks great!
Steve
---
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

I made a vid the other day too, hotlap and first lap of a race, was running a stupid-low downforce set haha:
[youtube] [/youtube]

Theres def fun to be had but i cant see myself paying even €15 to move up to Team Member, although it does really suck that my lap times dont count once a new build comes out after the monthly.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've moved up, and not downloading it often. But compared to the monies I've dropped on iR this is pocket change :D
Nice vid. It's a good fun game, definitely.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

haha fair point, i will probably jump up when multiplayer is available, as i will play it a lot more
richo

Post by richo »

I,m doing a new install as i have just installed a new HDD , my question is it slow as all buggery to download this thing now? I,m nearly 6 hours in for around 700mb..

Farkin slow as matee! I want to get my FF on:)
[]D [] []v[] []D
petey

Post by petey »

Some people have been having troubles, seems a bit hit and miss.